Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 10/26/2008
Offline
768 posts
 

Re: Let's talk Listen Mode

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

@CHippo - I NEVER said ALL gamers, I said gamers. Go re-read what I said mate.



.
Message 51 of 206 (191 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/24/2013
Offline
317 posts
 

Re: Let's talk Listen Mode

Mar 24, 2013

loakum wrote:

I NEVER said ALL gamers, I said gamers. Go re-read what I said mate.


The fungus is spreading. It's blinding people already.

 

click click..clickity click.. claaaarrrrrrgggghhhh

"If your choice is to save me over everybody else in the world then...ok. I trust you now and let’s live life.." ~TheVulcanSalute
Message 52 of 206 (182 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/26/2008
Offline
768 posts
 

Re: Let's talk Listen Mode

Mar 24, 2013

ok mate, and guess why the listening mode wasn't present in the earlier gameplay walkthroughs? Because it announced yet, and it simply wasn't used. Just like we have the option to use it or not. Boom.



.
Message 53 of 206 (180 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/26/2013
Offline
1577 posts
 

Re: Let's talk Listen Mode

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

loakum wrote:

ok mate, and guess why the listening mode wasn't present in the earlier gameplay walkthroughs? Because it announced yet, and it simply wasn't used. Just like we have the option to use it or not. Boom.


First off,apologies I thought you said all,but practically you're saying all the gamers of this generation complain about everything. Anyways,you can't prove your point,it wasn't present in earlier gameplay walkthroughs because why? Did Naughty Dog said that,because I would like a link. Or was it not used because it wasn't implemented yet. BOOM!

 

Also I don't know why you keep using the "you have an option to use it or not",yes that's true but is that what we're talking about? No. We're asking for it to be removed because again,it ruins the survival factor of the game therefore lowering the ratings of the game,therefore possibily less sells. We also just want to hear confirmation if we have an option to turn it on or off.

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 54 of 206 (174 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/26/2008
Offline
768 posts
 

Re: Let's talk Listen Mode

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

It's cool mate. It's just a friendly debate here. Smiley Happy



.
Message 55 of 206 (171 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/25/2012
Online
789 posts
 

Re: Let's talk Listen Mode

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

@loakum - Well, mate, picture this. You're playing a hard mission in Uncharted. You keep dying simply because you refuse to use melee because you having something against it for whatever reason. Eventually, you'll succumb to it no? Hating the fact I have the ability doesn't mean I can simply go without using it. - Boom.

 

Message 56 of 206 (150 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/26/2013
Offline
1577 posts
 

Re: Let's talk Listen Mode

Mar 24, 2013

Lt_K4RL0S wrote:

@loakum - Well, mate, picture this. You're playing a hard mission in Uncharted. You keep dying simply because you refuse to use melee because you having something against it for whatever reason. Eventually, you'll succumb to it no? Hating the fact I have the ability doesn't mean I can simply go without using it. - Boom.

 


Exactly,there's always that urge,exactly why I don't like games with cheat codes. I'll take the JRPG "Persona 4 Golden" for example,if you play on the difficulty "Very Hard" you get the 5x less the EXP and Money including the enemies if I'm correct are 2x stronger than normal,now if you beat the game in "New Game +" you have the option to change the EXP/Money to any option you want,Normal or 5x EXTRA money and EXP.I'll tell you about my gaming tale. It took me 1 hour to get to level for example 7,but guess what? I died. Me really angry decided to take it like a man and got to level 8 this time,OH GOODY! Than on my way out of the dungeon I died... Than the urge hit me,I set the EXP to 5x just to get those quick levels real quick and I'll turn it off...

 

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 57 of 206 (140 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/26/2008
Offline
768 posts
 

Re: Let's talk Listen Mode

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

Lt_K4RL0S wrote:

@loakum - Well, mate, picture this. You're playing hard mission in Uncharted. You keept dying simply because you refuse to use melee because you having something against it for whatever reason. Eventually, you'll succumb to it no? Hating the fact I have the ability doesn't mean I can simply go without using it. - Boom.

 



lol, that's a bad example mate. melee is a basic primary gameplay function, just like running, jumping, or shooting. When you run out of ammo and have enemies surrounding you, you have to use melee and run..or die. Now having Tomb Raider's "Survival Sense" or having The Last of Us' "Listening Mode" or Dead Space's "Directional Lines" are optional features. I could simply use them, or not. 

 

Boom/Checkmate. ^_^



.
Message 58 of 206 (133 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/02/2012
Offline
391 posts
 

Re: Let's talk Listen Mode

Mar 24, 2013

ND is doing exactly the opposite of what they mean to do. They meant to create tension but with this feature we'll just have to see where the infected are going to and that's it. Three words: REMOVE IT NOW.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 59 of 206 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/26/2013
Offline
1577 posts
 

Re: Let's talk Listen Mode

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

loakum wrote:

Lt_K4RL0S wrote:

@loakum - Well, mate, picture this. You're playing hard mission in Uncharted. You keept dying simply because you refuse to use melee because you having something against it for whatever reason. Eventually, you'll succumb to it no? Hating the fact I have the ability doesn't mean I can simply go without using it. - Boom.

 



lol, that's a bad example mate. melee is a basic primary gameplay function, just like running, jumping, or shooting. When you run out of ammo and have enemies surrounding you, you have to use melee and run..or die. Now having Tomb Raider's "Survival Sense" or having The Last of Us' "Listening Mode" or Dead Space's "Directional Lines" are optional features. I could simply use them, or not. 

 

Boom/Checkmate. ^_^


Nope not a boom or checkmate,you changed his scenario completely. What he was trying to get at is maybe you're not using the melee weapon simply because for example you're going for a challenge (like people with Pokemon) and want to try to beat the game without melee or hypothetically there's a trophy in the game for beating it without using melee. Boom! Checkmate!

 

Again stop bringing up that "OPTIONAL" thing too,we're simply saying they should take it out because as posted in previous comments,it ruins the survival factor that Naughty Dogs was intentionally aiming for and many people who wanted to play this game got stomped on because of that factor yet Naughty Dogs just stomped over us. It's human nature to be frustrated,and not get something you were expecting,again we just want it removed because it'll ruin the rating of the game,therefore lower sells. 

 

We're not even sure if there's confirmation to disable this feature,also if they're gonna include a pretty cheap feature like this,might as well make it "Beat the game" award. Again,the game loses the tension as shown in previous gameplay footage,did you know he was gonna smash your head against the wardrobe? No. But now with the Listen Mode,you already know what's coming to ya

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 60 of 206 (3,070 Views)