I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Re: Last of Us might be PSN Digital Day 1!

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

prdu3 wrote:

Yes put me down for a digital copy. It  beats having to mess with a disc. I just hope there is some pre load feature so as to be able to play it the day it launches. Anybody have any experience with downloading a game on release day? Whats the process?

Having a disc has it's benefits. What happens when the Sony PS Store servers are down? You can't download your game. What happens when you want to play TLOU at a friend's house and he doesn't have internet? You can't play the game. What happens when for whatever reason your account gets stolen or hacked and you lost access to it in every way? You have to re purchase your digital game again at full price on a new account. What happens when your internet is crap? You have to literally wait hours on end for the game to download. You also have to take in account that your PS3 needs a big hard drive to save all your digital games. So having a physical copy of the game has it's benefits. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 29 (798 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Feb 3, 2013
What happens when you lose the disc?
I mean sure, I'm definitely a supporter of buying the disc and all but digital has its benefits as well.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 29 (790 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Feb 4, 2013

joelio13 wrote:
What happens when you lose the disc?
I mean sure, I'm definitely a supporter of buying the disc and all but digital has its benefits as well.

Agreed.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 29 (769 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Feb 7, 2013

I highely doubt that The Last of Us is going to be DOWNLOADABLE. You know how much space that would take? They couldn't even release Uncharted 3 onto the store just because of the massive size.

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 29 (751 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 11, 2013

uncharted dual pack is 43 gigabytes and they put that up there

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 29 (726 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Feb 12, 2013
lol, i dont think my hard drive will be big enough for TLOU it will be ALOT being as uc3 was 47gb, i wouldnt be surprised if it came on 2 discs (1 dual 1 single)
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 29 (705 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 12, 2013

2 discs (1 DL + 1 SL)?

50 + 25 = 75GB

You can't be serious, lol.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 29 (702 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

2 discs (1 DL + 1 SL)?

50 + 25 = 75GB

You can't be serious, lol.

not the full 25gb on the second one, just that extra bit that the first disc couldnt cater for like the extra 4gb or whatever

but  uc3 was 47gb and i thought tlou would obvioslu be more but i didnt take into account that uc3 was rendered in 3d, while tlou may not be

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 29 (698 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Feb 14, 2013

If you can by the disk near your home, at launch; or pre-order and get it right, at launch... then take the disk, by all means.

But, if you live in a country with a bad post service, like me, then digital is a blessing. Even if it takes a whole day to DL and install, it is still a lot faster than getting the disk around here, in Brazil. So, I'm hoping they will release a digital copy, so I can play it sooner.

Playing sooner is all that matters. The scenarios about loosing your digital copy or loosing your disk are very unlikely. There is the thing about not being able to play your game at someone else's house (or letting a friend borrow it), if you don't have the disk. But if it's a major game like TLoU, everyone should buy it, anyway.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 29 (670 Views)
0 Likes