Fender Bender
3484 posts

Re: Last of Us clarification

May 20, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

I'm still primarily a PC gamer

To be totally honest I had held up buying a PS3 until I saw the VGA 2011 trailer - I had wanted to play Uncharted for so long but couldn't justify buying it just for the series - and then TLoU just had to come along and push me over. lol.

shame on you Smiley Tongue

uncharted, little big planet, ratchet and clank, infamous and heavy rain should already have pushed you over Smiley Wink

Message 21 of 25 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Jul 9, 2013
Perhaps if they make a sequel it will come out on PS3 and PS4. I don't see why they wouldn't make a copy for PS4, maybe they're just waiting for the right moment to announce it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The worlds been hard on us…hard on him. Joel’s done some terrible things. He tells me that on this journey, you either hang on to your morals and die, or do whatever it takes to survive.”
— Ellie (The Last of Us)
Message 22 of 25 (101 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Aug 17, 2013
I don't think the last of us will be on the ps4 since a lot of people bought the game already so there really is no point because if they did get it for the ps4 a lot of people won't get it since they have it for the ps3 and i'm pretty sure those people won't buy the game again just for better resolution and it being faster! and i'm sure lots of people who did get it for the ps3 will get the ps4 like me but wont get the game so in the end its most likely not going to be on the ps4.
Message 23 of 25 (80 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2013

I have two PS3, and thre xboxs(360) (two of them dead and one still running). I regret buying 360, but not the PS3, because they are still running and you gotta admit it PS only games are way better that the repetitive first person shooters (360 only games). IMO go buy PS3 its worth it.
P.S. I like both systems, I just prefer my PS3.

Message 24 of 25 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2013

I would be very surprised if TLoU wouldn't play as well on a PS4--if not better.  I'm very glad my PS3 is still working so well and that TLoU has been trouble free.

If I didn't have a PS3 and was aware of TLoU as I am I would buy a PS3 _today_, play out TLoU, and sell both in several months when the PS4 comes out--and I may still do that.  I don't care so much about backward compatibility as I feel 'caught up' with my console gaming needs and games that are really 'worth it' will come out with versions that will run on the PS4 if they need too.

I agree with at least one poster that the 360 console is a 'dead' console even though mine still works perfectly fine.  I get far more use out of its wireless controller on PC games now (PC gaming is my primary choice--given I have a choice).

I was _very_ disappointed in Halo 4 on the 360 as well as Assassin's Creed III and Prototype 2 on the PC.  For me, some games just grow too old.

TLoU is a SP adventure that reaches new heights in gaming.  It's a no-brainer best adventure ever for me.  I'm certain all developers have taken note of its success and either are or will be playing more with sound story depth and motion capture acting.  What will always remain to be seen it seems is how much multiplayer, first or third-person shooting/fighting, and seamless (or not) difficult puzzles (think of the later Myst series) will get in the way to distort/wreck an adventure.

So far I do not revist or replay games for their DLCs or mods.  There is no one in the world like me and developers cannot and should not afford to cater only to my gaming likes and dislikes. Smiley Happy

IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...

~{Ratsneve}~
Message 25 of 25 (57 Views)
0 Likes