Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Feb 21 2013
By: Anstrenozous First Son 3 posts
Offline
Accepted Solution

Last of Us clarification

[ Edited ]
24 replies 1577 views Edited Feb 21, 2013

I was wondering if TLOU will be available on ps4. You'd think they would announce something like that at the conference, especially with the disappointing line up of what they DID announce there. I mean, when you have a PC game ported to the ps4 as an announcement, that's really sad, to me. Anyways, I want to pre-order TLOU, but I'm not sure if it will be on ps4 and since the ps4 is NOT backwards compatible (at least at launch) I really need to know soon. (ND representative answer preferred)

 

EDIT: I looked on TLOU website and it said "Platforms: ps3" which is why I'm concerned. Maybe ND didn't want to reveal the ps4 before the announcement and the website hadn't been updated yet, but yeah...

Message 1 of 25 (1,577 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 07/22/2012
Offline
55 posts
 

Re: Last of Us clarification

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

It's on the PS3. First of all, the PS4 doesn't come out until November, and TLOU comes out in June. Addtionally, it would be a huge marketing blunder to advertise the game for the PS3, plus allow people to preorder it, and then come out and say SURPRISE, IT'S ON THE PS4!

 

Obviously a lot of people are going to buy the PS4 at or near launch, but there's a good deal of people (like myself, most likely) who aren't going to jump the gun on a new system immediately. Now imagine their outrage when they find out the game they've been waiting for (and have possibly preordered) is for the new console.

Message 2 of 25 (1,563 Views)
First Son
Registered: 02/21/2013
Offline
3 posts
 

Re: Last of Us clarification

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

Obviously TLOU comes out earlier than the ps4. I wasn't asking to preorder it for ps4, I would just rather have it on ps4 because odds are, it'll look better, play better, and load faster (after all, the blu-ray drive is 3x faster on ps4). So let me strip down my question to this:

Will The Last Of Us be on the ps4?

P.S the ps3 having 512MB of RAM was a marketing bluster. Sony is full of marketing blusters, so I wouldn't be surprised. (Sony is a great company, don't freak out that I said they've made mistakes. Companies do that.)

Message 3 of 25 (1,432 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/30/2008
Offline
1160 posts
 

Re: Last of Us clarification

Feb 22, 2013

Technically, yes. Because of the "game streaming" service provided by Gaikai. But a version ported to the PS4? Very unlikely. Considering the release windows are very far apart, and The Last Of Us has also been under development before there were even rumors of what the PS4 is all about. ND would have to make a lot of tweaks here and there to make the game run perfectly for PS4, and there's really no point to it, since most of the "tweaks" will probably just be enhanced graphics and a couple more fixes that the PS3 wasn't able to handle. But all-in-all, it's more of a waste of money to bring TLOU to the PS4, so most likely, no TLOU for the PS4.


Get your Portable ID!
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Tomb Raider, God of War: Ascension, Grand Theft Auto V, and The Last of Us.
By the way, this signature is very outdated.
Message 4 of 25 (1,417 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 01/29/2013
Offline
72 posts
 

Re: Last of Us clarification

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

I wouldnt say that is dissapointing my friend, with games like Infamous, Killzone, Destiny, DriveClub and that media molecule game looks fun,
and did you see the picture of the amount of developersthat are also supporting it?

I wouldnt say that is dissapointing my friend, with games like Infamous, Killzone, Destiny, DriveClub and that media molecule game looks fun, and did you see the picture of the amount of developersthat are also supporting it?

 

and dont forget, more gameswill obviously be anounced on E3  so give it a few more months before you say anything  more ;P

 

suporting the ps4

 

note; rockstar are supporting it- GTA V may be  on the console.

Message 5 of 25 (1,393 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 04/02/2011
Offline
444 posts
 

Re: Last of Us clarification

Feb 23, 2013

512


Anstrenozous wrote:
Obviously TLOU comes out earlier than the ps4. I wasn't asking to preorder it for ps4, I would just rather have it on ps4 because odds are, it'll look better, play better, and load faster (after all, the blu-ray drive is 3x faster on ps4). So let me strip down my question to this:

Will The Last Of Us be on the ps4?

P.S the ps3 having 256MB of RAM was a marketing bluster. Sony is full of marketing blusters, so I wouldn't be surprised. (Sony is a great company, don't freak out that I said they've made mistakes. Companies do that.)


The PS3 has 512 mb of RAM. It's split into two 256 mb channels, that was the blunder that Sony made. If it were unfied RAM like on the Xbox we would have cross-game chat and possibly slightly better looking games etc. P.S. the orginal PS3 concept had 2 Cell processors, no GPU, 6 Usb ports, dual HDMI, Dual ethernet ports(not sure about this one.)

>
Message 6 of 25 (1,308 Views)
First Son
Registered: 02/21/2013
Offline
3 posts
 

Re: Last of Us clarification

Feb 24, 2013
To me, it was disappointing. Killzone was the only game to interest me, and I didn't see anything unexpected. The hardware was also a little concerning. A 1.84 teraflop GPU? High end desktop GPU's can have above 4. I mean, game developers will optimize the hardware, but I dunno. The most exciting thing to me was instantly uploading gameplay... but youtube wasn't mentioned. Obviously, they need to leave stuff for GDC and E3, but I'm skeptical. It also doesn't help that I just plain don't like AMD's products.
Message 7 of 25 (1,218 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/28/2011
Offline
868 posts
 

Re: Last of Us clarification

Feb 24, 2013

Anstrenozous wrote:
To me, it was disappointing. Killzone was the only game to interest me, and I didn't see anything unexpected. 

None of the game's interested me. lol. I hope to see better games that suit my needs later on.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 25 (1,212 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2856 posts
 

Re: Last of Us clarification

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

EDSTA713 wrote:

Anstrenozous wrote:
To me, it was disappointing. Killzone was the only game to interest me, and I didn't see anything unexpected. 

None of the game's interested me. lol. I hope to see better games that suit my needs later on.


seriously? that platformer Knack looked pretty good, Killzone Shadow Fall is a good first person shooter (although I don't like first person shooters), inFAMOUS: Second Son is an awesome action/adventure, Watch Dogs is an epic sandbox game, The Witness is a good looking puzzle game (I doubt the gameplay is fun though), Drive Club looks like a cool racing game and if you are into games like Diablo 3 you even can get to play that on PS4 (Diablo 3 style games is totally not my cup of tea), so if you don't like platformers, first person shooter, action/adventures, sandbox games, puzzle games, racing games and Diablo 3 kind of games (no idea which genre it is), I wonder what games/genres you do like :smileytongue:

 

For me, Watch Dogs and inFAMOUS: Second Son are a must buy, not sure yet about Knack yet, looks cool but might not be as good as Ratchet and Clank, I don't like the robot, and after all that's the star of the game, so I need to see more of it first...

 

Anyway, what games are you looking for then? Personally I would like Uncharted 4 and Little Big Planet 3, by Naughty Dog and Media Molecule of course, not some other studio that's going to ruin the franchises... (looks at littlebigkarting from united front games) :smileymad:

Message 9 of 25 (1,207 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/28/2011
Offline
868 posts
 

Re: Last of Us clarification

Feb 24, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

EDSTA713 wrote:

Anstrenozous wrote:
To me, it was disappointing. Killzone was the only game to interest me, and I didn't see anything unexpected. 

None of the game's interested me. lol. I hope to see better games that suit my needs later on.


seriously? that platformer Knack looked pretty good, Killzone Shadow Fall is a good first person shooter (although I don't like first person shooters), inFAMOUS: Second Son is an awesome action/adventure, Watch Dogs is an epic sandbox game, The Witness is a good looking puzzle game (I doubt the gameplay is fun though), Drive Club looks like a cool racing game and if you are into games like Diablo 3 you even can get to play that on PS4 (Diablo 3 style games is totally not my cup of tea), so if you don't like platformers, first person shooter, action/adventures, sandbox games, puzzle games, racing games and Diablo 3 kind of games (no idea which genre it is), I wonder what games/genres you do like :smileytongue:

 

For me, Watch Dogs and inFAMOUS: Second Son are a must buy, not sure yet about Knack yet, looks cool but might not be as good as Ratchet and Clank, I don't like the robot, and after all that's the star of the game, so I need to see more of it first...

 

Anyway, what games are you looking for then? Personally I would like Uncharted 4 and Little Big Planet 3, by Naughty Dog and Media Molecule of course, not some other studio that's going to ruin the franchises... (looks at littlebigkarting from united front games) :smileymad:


I like shooters, horror, and action games the most but Infamous, Killzone, and Watch Dogs don't do it for me. Sure they are all good looking but that doesn't make me want them any less. I just want more variety than what they showed already. I hope they show more games to debut with the PS4 at GDC and E3. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 25 (1,157 Views)
Reply
0 Likes