Splicer
46 posts

Re: Last of Us - Beta Test?

Apr 14, 2012

As far as private betas go, I don't think it is fair that the only people who can do it should be the people that pay for their online. I think that the beta testers should be required to comment on the beta, whether they pay for extra or not.  

Message 11 of 14 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
32 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Yea man id love to get ahold of this game before it came out it seems like its going to be awssome

Message 12 of 14 (213 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

In all honesty, I think most of the people who want a beta test don't want it to test for bugs and such but rather a faster way of playing the game early. I don't care for a beta and I'd rather let the companies have their own people do it. I know if I was part of the beta I could care less about looking for bugs and glitches. I would rather enjoy playing the game. I think 90% of people want a beta just to play it and 10% actually are dedicated to testing the game. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 14 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Jan 8, 2013
A testing team, despite their job title, isn't enough to test balance issues on a competitive multiplayer. It's the masses of players that find the exploitable aspects of the game, not a small team of people. This is because some people notice things better than others, and when people see those people doing it, they copy, and so on, until an overpowered aspect becomes popular and well-known.

Beta testing is invaluable for spotting imbalances early, and I hope there is one.
Message 14 of 14 (198 Views)