Highlighted
Feb 27 2013
By: hitmanhuntr Wastelander 655 posts

Just wondering....

9 replies 324 views Edited Feb 27, 2013

With Last of Us around the corner I was wondering if anyone had any ideas what the story line will be throughout the whole game?

( Interested to see what the community thinks up )

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
YouTube.com/HiTMaNHuntr

Message 1 of 10 (324 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Just wondering....

Feb 27, 2013

I like to think that it's just about Joel bringing Ellie to the Fireflies (it's fireflies, right?) and along the way they develop a father-daughter relationship. By the end of the game, Ellie would rather stay with Joel than go with the Fireflies.

Of course there's all the action in between, and the developing of their relationship, but I think that'll be it. But it is ND, anything can happen.

"After all we've been through, everything that I've done. It can't be for nothing."
-Ellie
Message 2 of 10 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Feb 27, 2013

ckpa23 wrote:

I like to think that it's just about Joel bringing Ellie to the Fireflies (it's fireflies, right?) and along the way they develop a father-daughter relationship. By the end of the game, Ellie would rather stay with Joel than go with the Fireflies.

Of course there's all the action in between, and the developing of their relationship, but I think that'll be it. But it is ND, anything can happen.

What are the fireflies? 

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 3 of 10 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Feb 27, 2013
^ The Fireflies are an underground resistance group who have tasked Joel with smuggling Ellie out of the quarantine zone. Their reasons for wanting Ellie are unknown at this point.
 photo 492afe7a-5d47-473d-9476-3a8036a31d5b_zps4955703f.jpg
Message 4 of 10 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Feb 28, 2013

NazzyQ wrote:
^ The Fireflies are an underground resistance group who have tasked Joel with smuggling Ellie out of the quarantine zone. Their reasons for wanting Ellie are unknown at this point.

Thanks for the reply. Btw, I guess I sound kinda dumb asking this, but where do you get all that info? I've seen pretty much all the trailers and demos and haven't heard a word about them...

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 5 of 10 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

NazzyQ wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Btw, I guess I sound kinda dumb asking this, but where do you get all that info? I've seen pretty much all the trailers and demos and haven't heard a word about them...

I learned about the through the forums. Don't know how other people did though

"After all we've been through, everything that I've done. It can't be for nothing."
-Ellie
Message 6 of 10 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
12162 posts

Feb 28, 2013

ckpa23 wrote:

Matthewsike1st wrote:

NazzyQ wrote:

Interviews, basically.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 7 of 10 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

ckpa23 wrote:

Matthewsike1st wrote:

NazzyQ wrote:

Just keep up to date with gaming events where The Last of Us will be featured and be sure to read as many articles as you can and watch all the interviews. The Fireflies were first mentioned at the latest hands on demo press event. Although it appears that the fireflies insignia is also shown in the VGA trailer. Ya know, the "RISE" spraypaint behind the people getting manhandled by the military as Joel walks by.

http://dispatches.cheatcc.com/dispatches/123#.US6m1VeyJ5B

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/04/the-last-of-us-neil-druckmann-interview (Around 2:11 in the interview)

Message 8 of 10 (259 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
789 posts

Feb 28, 2013

It will no doubt be Joel and Ellie's relationship and the Father Daughter aspect to it. We know Joel has a past of being a violent man, things he regrets, moments he can't forget like killing family members or the innocent victims of the virus. I feel as though at the end of the game, Joel will die, with Ellie watching obviously distraught as the only thing about Joel she knew was the fatherly figure he was to her. She'd be saying things about how he doesn't deserve to die and what a great man he was, whilst Joel on the other hand would be dying satisfyed and literally paying for his sins, as he successfuly fulfilled his friends wish and redeemed himself in the process

Message 9 of 10 (190 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Lt_K4RL0S wrote:

It will no doubt be Joel and Ellie's relationship and the Father Daughter aspect to it. We know Joel has a past of being a violent man, things he regrets, moments he can't forget like killing family members or the innocent victims of the virus. I feel as though at the end of the game, Joel will die, with Ellie watching obviously distraught as the only thing about Joel she knew was the fatherly figure he was to her. She'd be saying things about how he doesn't deserve to die and what a great man he was, whilst Joel on the other hand would be dying satisfyed and literally paying for his sins, as he successfuly fulfilled his friends wish and redeemed himself in the process

I hope Joel doesn't die.

[WALKING DEAD: THE GAME SPOILERS AHEAD]

After playing The Walking Dead, I don't think I could go through seeing another girl lose her father-figure. Makes me cry too much :C

-Ellie
Message 10 of 10 (145 Views)
0 Likes