Apr 21 2012
By: Wanderearth Lombax Warrior 85 posts

Just my two cents worth...

6 replies 46 views Edited Apr 21, 2012

Having just spent the last couple of hours with an unnamed video game, I can say for SURE there's one thing some games make use of that I very much hope Naughty Dog will NOT.  Forced perspective.  I mean, when a game forces a player to look or move in this or that direction, restrains our ability to look around or turn around normally or even turn our head but instead pushes us in a particular way or restricts our ability to look around so that we have to continually fight the controller for control.  I just can't say how much I dislike that.  I know it was in use somewhat in Uncharted.  Just my two cents worth, I REALLY hope we won't have to fight with that in TLoU. 

Cheers.

Message 1 of 7 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Re: Just my two cents worth...

Apr 21, 2012

Yeh, I know how you feel. Like the time when Nate is holusynating in the town (however you spell that). That was SO irritating. I agree completely

Message 2 of 7 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Apr 21, 2012

Right, it's like our heads are on rubberbands.  Everywhere we move, everywhere we look, we keep being snapped back to a particular place or view.  We can't look here or there or our view is skewed like we were trying to look at a very odd angle.

Message 3 of 7 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Apr 21, 2012

Like when Nate is running on the collapsing bridge at the very last chapter in Uncharted 2?

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 4 of 7 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2838 posts

Apr 21, 2012

trfdffrth wrote:

Yeh, I know how you feel. Like the time when Nate is holusynating in the town (however you spell that). That was SO irritating. I agree completely

Hallucinating, in case you wanted to know.

-----------------
FaceBook: Psyber Kayos
The best FB groups for our communities. Thousands have joined already. Join us!:

The Uncharted Community FaceBook Group

The Last of Us Community FaceBook Group

Message 5 of 7 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Apr 22, 2012

Thanks. I didn't know how to spell it and I didn't bother to look the word up. Just a blind guess.

Message 6 of 7 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1454 posts

Apr 24, 2012

I think forced perspective is good if used very sparingly as in Uncharted why, if a bridge was collapsing would you want to run in a different way?

Message 7 of 7 (46 Views)
0 Likes