Jun 08 2013
By: Lockedown5000 First Son 6 posts

Joel doesn't manually reload?

5 replies 1741 views Edited Jun 8, 2013

I just played The Last of Us Demo after forgetting about it from the swarm of games that have been coming in since its Uncharted 3 video on the multiplayer. I like the controls except...is it not possible to reload on your own? They make survival tactics seem very important in this game. One of the most important things is to make sure you got a full clip so you should be able to reload if you have extra bullets and you are in a room without enemies. Maybe I was reading my ammo wrong. I'm not sure, but make sure you can reload on your own!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (1,741 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7315 posts

Re: Joel doesn't manually reload?

Jun 8, 2013

R1 without pressing anything

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (1,739 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2343 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Tap R1 when not aiming...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (1,736 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2003 posts

Jun 8, 2013

I havent played the demo, and refuse to watch footage. could someone kindly answer my follow up ? :smileyhappy:

if you reload while not aiming...doesnt that affect your ability to shoot a guy in the face, or aim arrcurately and quickly? I have concerns.

I swear in one part of either the MP Reveal or the Leaked footage, a chick seemed able to reload WHILE aiming at the enemy.

this control choice seems strange. please put my concerns to rest!

--
if you vote for Cave Plunder, may the gods have mercy on your soul
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (1,721 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2343 posts

Jun 8, 2013

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

I havent played the demo, and refuse to watch footage. could someone kindly answer my follow up ? :smileyhappy:

if you reload while not aiming...doesnt that affect your ability to shoot a guy in the face, or aim arrcurately and quickly? I have concerns.

I swear in one part of either the MP Reveal or the Leaked footage, a chick seemed able to reload WHILE aiming at the enemy.

this control choice seems strange. please put my concerns to rest!

The controls could be different in MP.... but in SP, the only way to reload to by pressing R1 and nothing else, and this does not affect your ability to aim whatsoever. If you try to reload while aiming, you will just fire the weapon (L1 + R1) - however if you're aiming and firing, and finish off the clip, you will automatically reload if you have ammo, so that's likely what you saw happen.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (1,710 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2880 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Yup it's R1, I'm so use to reloading with square so in the demo I would keep doing a melee attack with Joel. lol

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (1,709 Views)
0 Likes