Fender Bender
2562 posts

Re: First Gameplay Preview!

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

cvbxsta wrote:

From Kotaku:

"I ask if there's anything beyond the Clickers, a level of infection even more terrifying than Stage 3. Like a man who takes a bit too much pleasure in scaring the pants off people, he shoots me a sly look and says "Yeah, there's more stuff...oh yeah."

So we have Runners, the unseen second stage, Clickers, and something worse. Personally I hope ND doesn't go the L4D route and make specialized infected or something

This is pure speculation, but I'm imagining something like a walking spore, a human so far gone they're basically a bloated mobile fungus hive that released airborne spores. Which would explain the gasmask we see in the Story Trailer

I'm interested to know about the mysterious second stage of infection as well, I wonder what they're holding out on us,

Spoiler
As for the "much worse" I dunno, but we do know that there's an advanced stage of infection, possibly the last stage of infection where the infected are immobile and more of a mushroom looking corpse, stick to walls and floors and very likely releasing spores into the immediate area (this is how the fungus spreads its spores through it's final stage in real life so) - i wonder if this is the "much worse" that requires the gas mask.

Link to Article

Message 21 of 23 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11889 posts

U

Feb 4, 2013

Updated OP

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 22 of 23 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Re: First Gameplay Preview!

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

cvbxsta wrote:

This is pure speculation, but I'm imagining something like a walking spore, a human so far gone they're basically a bloated mobile fungus hive that released airborne spores. Which would explain the gasmask we see in the Story Trailer

I like the way you think Smiley Happy Probably that is the reason.. Or that tess and/or elie ate too much beans.

+============================================================+
Message 23 of 23 (85 Views)
0 Likes