Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2449 posts

Re: First Gameplay Preview!

Feb 4, 2013

cvbxsta wrote:
A bit off topic but anyone else think we should use this as a single thread for all of Monday's previews, so there won't be dozens of threads for every new preview that's released?

Agreed.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 23 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

@joelio13 Thanks man, it's 11 PM here aproximately so do I really need to wait until 2:00? because I don't want to wait like an idiot until the preview comes out.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 23 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Wow, the last stage of the infected looks so terrifying. o.O

I hope we don't have to deal with them.

UC3 FraggedNation Clan: >JV<
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 23 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Feb 4, 2013

http://www.psu.com/a018183/Hands-on-with-The-Last-of-Us--the-past-present-and-future-of-survival-hor...

IMO the best preview so far. Really explores the tension, the unpredictability of encounters and the emotional power of the game and it is an exciting read not bland like some previews

"...Only one Runner remains. My wits are about me, and I whip out my molotov cocktail before the near-human terror can pinpoint our location. The flaming bottle sails just past the Runner's feet. Desperation kicks in, and I turn to run with Tess and Ellie in tow.

The light of day gleams down from above. A ladder – our only chance of escape. I don't dare to turn and look for my companions; self-preservation is my only concern. I reach the ladder and bound upward. I'm out, but my friends are not. I turn to see Tess and Ellie directly below me. Tess fires a round at the pursuing Runner, but I suspect it's her last. The Infected is only a few feet from tearing into Ellie's flesh..."

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 23 (213 Views)
Gaming Beast
1750 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

cvbxsta wrote:

http://www.psu.com/a018183/Hands-on-with-The-Last-of-Us--the-past-present-and-future-of-survival-hor...

IMO the best preview so far. Really explores the tension, the unpredictability of encounters and the emotional power of the game and it is an exciting read not bland like some previews

"...Only one Runner remains. My wits are about me, and I whip out my molotov cocktail before the near-human terror can pinpoint our location. The flaming bottle sails just past the Runner's feet. Desperation kicks in, and I turn to run with Tess and Ellie in tow.

The light of day gleams down from above. A ladder – our only chance of escape. I don't dare to turn and look for my companions; self-preservation is my only concern. I reach the ladder and bound upward. I'm out, but my friends are not. I turn to see Tess and Ellie directly below me. Tess fires a round at the pursuing Runner, but I suspect it's her last. The Infected is only a few feet from tearing into Ellie's flesh..."

Yes someone posted a link from psu! They by far have the best TLOU preview. A great site and a great forum it has btw. 

The infected actually look scary! Now I want to see some mp footage. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 23 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Feb 4, 2013

cvbxsta wrote:
A bit off topic but anyone else think we should use this as a single thread for all of Monday's previews, so there won't be dozens of threads for every new preview that's released?

Anyway, Runners and Clickers sound awesome and that one-hit kill mechanic will make dealing with the infected so much more intense. It'll also slow the pacing down because I'm guessing you'd want to scout ahead to see what type of infected are around and plan accordingly

Also what do impressions do you get about that "focused listening"?

Agreed, and hopefully they will all be edited into the first post of this topic.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 23 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8045 posts

Feb 4, 2013
When I get home, I'll update everything.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 23 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Trying my best not to read too many previews, look at screenshots (tho i've seen some) and avoiding all new videos as much as i can. I read one preivew where it was said this game has a potential to be a "Genre defining game" just like how U2 is to the TPS/action genre.. Thats a freakin great to hear and probably all that i need until launch date. 

+============================================================+
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 23 (146 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Feb 4, 2013

From Kotaku:

"I ask if there's anything beyond the Clickers, a level of infection even more terrifying than Stage 3. Like a man who takes a bit too much pleasure in scaring the pants off people, he shoots me a sly look and says "Yeah, there's more stuff...oh yeah."

So we have Runners, the unseen second stage, Clickers, and something worse. Personally I hope ND doesn't go the L4D route and make specialized infected or something

This is pure speculation, but I'm imagining something like a walking spore, a human so far gone they're basically a bloated mobile fungus hive that released airborne spores. Which would explain the gasmask we see in the Story Trailer

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 23 (106 Views)
0 Likes