I Only Post Everything
870 posts

Re: Infected Impact

Sep 9, 2012

BuddyisBeast wrote:

They/ll show them, its called anticipation though honestly i dont know when the game comes out, this year no?

No. They don't even know what kind of MP to implement into the game so the game is far off. I'd say something in the middle of  2013 release.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 27 (237 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 9, 2012

damnn.. i dont even want multiplayer! They wouldnt take time in creating ellie's AI if they were to make it co-op... so really i dont want MP i dont see much fun it....if its not like Zombies or call of duty... and im tired of both. I want Grapghics, story, gameplay, emotion, connection... when he fell into the water and the screen got blurry and wet, it looked like i was looking into a camera screen staring at him with his arm broke and trying to swim away, the flashlight and tension it was perfect... god i love this game! Ill have to spam borderlands 2 until this game comes out... thank god its so far away im torn between the two!

Message 12 of 27 (236 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

Sep 9, 2012

I too don't care for MP in TLOU. I'd rather have a strong single player experience.

Message 13 of 27 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2305 posts

Sep 10, 2012

BuddyisBeast wrote:

damnn.. i dont even want multiplayer! 

You don't want something, when really, it's an option to play it or not...

Message 14 of 27 (190 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Sep 10, 2012

Its also time and effort wasted when they could be improving things like the ai, graphics, dialouge, HUD, texture, sharpness, smoothness, flow of movement from one area to another, or generally everything about the single player experience that will dwelve me deeper into that world. The fact they dont even know what type they're going to use, is a good sign, but still its time and money, that could be A.) spent somewhere else, or B.) releasing the game earlier without multiplayer. Honestly i'd take either or before taking multiplayer for this game... if i wanted multi then i'd go play cod Zombies, or something.

Message 15 of 27 (169 Views)
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 11, 2012

BuddyisBeast wrote:

Its also time and effort wasted when they could be improving things like the ai, graphics, dialouge, HUD, texture, sharpness, smoothness, flow of movement from one area to another, or generally everything about the single player experience that will dwelve me deeper into that world. The fact they dont even know what type they're going to use, is a good sign, but still its time and money, that could be A.) spent somewhere else, or B.) releasing the game earlier without multiplayer. Honestly i'd take either or before taking multiplayer for this game... if i wanted multi then i'd go play cod Zombies, or something.

True, but since they are ND they feel people want their MP in TLOU so they are obligated to include it. Having MP doesn't make a game better in my opinion.

Message 16 of 27 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Sep 11, 2012

BizRaspy2point0 wrote:

I'm curious to see how the infected will effect the gameplay and story. I read somewhere that the infected wont play a huge part in the gameplay. Personally I hope that they incorporate the infected a little more but in the right amounts. By no means do I want this game to turn into a Left 4 Dead (run and gun, mowing down hundreds of zombies with an AK) but I think it would add so much more suspense and terror if they used the infected the right way. 

For example, say Joel and Ellie are out gathering supplies (or whatever, use your imagination) when suddenly they stumble upon a ruined building crawling with infected. The building is dimly lit, the infected are growling in the shadows. Joel checks his ammo and hes only down to a few shots left. The infected rush them and Joel and Ellie begin a mad sprint towards the exit and to daylight. Joel and Elie burst from the building with the infected hot on their heels. The pair nimbly navigate their way through the ruined streets, the infected cries and moans echoing behind them. "There!" Joel cries pointing towards an old apartment complex. Joel and Ellie quickly dash into the building with the infected still in pursuit. Joel fires some shots into the advancing infected as the two of them back deeper into the building. The apartment complex is in rough shape but Joel spots a hallway to his left. "Come on this way!" He cries, leading Ellie. The chase continues down the hallway and ends with Joel and Ellie barricading a door and narrowly escaping the infected. 

Sorta like this...but without the I Am Legend infected. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7F1AL-AGW0

What are your guy's expectations/hopes for the infected?

so almsot exactly like the trailer then eh?

Message 17 of 27 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 11, 2012

Well, they're not going to throw dozens of infected at you, but I'm sure there will be plenty of moments where you'll have to deal with them. Im sure they'll be some of the highlights of this game aswell. Keep in my find, we've only seen ONE demo, one location. We don't even know when the game is coming out, so we can't even estimate how many more reveals we'll get. Whether it's a multiplayer trailer, or a demo including (hopefully a very small look at) the infected, you can't really expect ND to spill every detail about their game, especially when the game is still a long ways ahead.

Message 18 of 27 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2305 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2012

BuddyisBeast wrote:

Its also time and effort wasted when they could be improving things like the ai, graphics, dialouge, HUD, texture, sharpness, smoothness, flow of movement from one area to another, or generally everything about the single player experience that will dwelve me deeper into that world. Honestly i'd take either or before taking multiplayer for this game... if i wanted multi then i'd go play cod Zombies, or something.

But multiplayer is something that keeps you going back to the game over and over. I'm not saying that it's all I care about, but IMO, it would be the obvious choice to have a game with a good story and mulptiplayer, than a story with slightly better tweaks and no multplayer at all.

I'm the type of gamer who buys games for the story, but still wants the "full package". Plus, multiplayer is kind of a big part in replay value these days.

Just sayin...

EDIT: Also, at that last sentence you said about CoD, just so you know, not every game has the same repetitive multiplayer from other games. I've played many games over the years, and I can tell you that some games with multiplayer are actually extremely good and keep you immersed for hours. 

Message 19 of 27 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Would you guys just stop saying you don't want multiplayer? All you have to do is to not play it. 

And I'm sure the singleplayer wouldn't be less polished. The game has already been in development for almost 3 years and they're not even sure which direction they're gonna take multiplayer-wise. 

The singleplayer will NOT be compromised for the multiplayer.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 20 of 27 (116 Views)