Highlighted
Feb 02 2014
By: Lordidude I Only Post Everything 727 posts

I am sorry, ND

[ Edited ]
45 replies 5665 views Edited Mar 27, 2014

Sorry for dropping this bomb:

Similar to Tomb Raider ND will do the same with TLOU.

The Last of Us GOTY Edition for the PS4.

Release Date: around July 2014.

Same will happen to Beyond Two Souls.

Source?

If I name him, somebody at Sony will lose his job Smiley Happy

UPDATE 27. March 2014:

Klick

Message 1 of 46 (5,665 Views)
Survivor
2432 posts

Re: I am sorry, ND

Feb 2, 2014

Lordidude wrote:

Sorry for dropping this bomb:

Similar to Tomb Raider ND will do the same with TLOU.

The Last of Us GOTY Edition for the PS4.

Release Date: around July 2014.

Same will happen to Beyond Two Souls.

Source?

If I name him, somebody at Sony will lose his job Smiley Happy

I'm perfectly fine with that, as long as they FINALLY decide to address the issues mentioned in these forums and attempt to minimize the horrendous lag that occurs so frequently (swingin' the nail stick first, and YOU go down! Smiley Mad)...

Photobucket
Message 2 of 46 (5,660 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Feb 2, 2014
Who cares?
Message 3 of 46 (5,639 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
334 posts

Feb 2, 2014

I dont think so the PS4 has no very big hardware base at the moment and it can not be released on other platforms like Tomb Raider on the new Xbox.

Due to the small hardware-base and the fact that many people own that game already for the ps3 as a exclusive a PS4 Version would be probably not worth the money for Sony.

someone give me a challenge
Message 4 of 46 (5,582 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7268 posts

Feb 2, 2014

Seems like a really dumb decision for a subpar game like beyond. and pointless for any other game with playstation now becoming a thing...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 5 of 46 (5,562 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 2, 2014

seems legit If in true 1080p HD with proper AA . Otherwise it makes no sense.

Message 6 of 46 (5,543 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Feb 2, 2014

Why is everybody so excited about a PS3 port to the PS4? You people do realize it will be the exact same game (most likely with graphics that aren't as good since it will be essentially streaming).

It will be just like playing a PS2 game on the PS3...ND is not going to re-do or change anything.

Message 7 of 46 (5,494 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1298 posts

Feb 2, 2014

I wouldn't doubt that this is going to happen.  Taking one of the greatest, if not the greatest, PS3 game and porting it over to the PS4.  Easy money and it adds to the portfolio of Sony exclusives.  Ps4 exclusives are one of the greatest advantages the console has over xbox none.  More exclusives = will potentially attract more PS4 buyers. = bigger console base = more $$$ for Sony.

The PS4 port is for the millions of people who missed out on having a PS3, not for the people who comment "Who cares?" because they already have it for the PS3.  Sony does not care what these people think.  Sony is a for profit company.  

With that said, a PS4 port coming in July would probably be dropped after the 3rd DLC for the PS3 version.  If a PS4 port does come out,  I hope that the expanded maps (Dam with Ranch House, Bill's Town with the graveyard, etc) happens.  Also a horde mode could potentially be thrown in (wishful thinking) since there is no technical limitation anymore.  Not going to happen, but I'm just throwing that out there.

If a PS4 port does come out.  I'd really consider dropping money on it if it has additional content/features/maps.  The one drawback of a PS4 port though is the MP player pool might be a lot thinner than the PS3 pool.

Message 8 of 46 (5,481 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Feb 2, 2014
I would pay for a U3 MP-only port for PS4 before I played for TLoU. Mostly because its got a much bigger player base. And it has a lot more maps and guns. And its run-n-gun. Which is more attractive to more people. TLoU is a better game, but I doubt you see many people buying it again for PS4. So the MP would suck even more.
Message 9 of 46 (5,471 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
708 posts

Feb 2, 2014
If they do this, it would be awesome. They could get someone else to port it if anything.
Message 10 of 46 (1,100 Views)
0 Likes