Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 25 2012
By: LiLJohnR10 Survivor 2304 posts

How I think The Last of US MP hould be.

[ Edited ]
15 replies 328 views Edited Sep 6, 2012

These are my opinions and ideas on how this MP should be for competitive.

Competitve Ideas

IMO, since this game seems more realistic and gritty than the Uncharted games, I think the competitve multiplayer should play out more realistic and simple. Let me explain.

Weapons/Ammo/Melee:

Default Weapons - To start it off, I think everyone in a match should start off with a simple pistol/handgun and a knife. The pistol would start out with not too much ammo, but enough to get maybe 2 kills in. The knife could only be used for close combat. The knife would take 2 to 3 stabs to kill an enemy.

Ammo - Around the map, there would be very limited ammo laying around in random areas. Ammo would be able to spawn back, but every time someone picks up ammo, it could spawn in another random place a minute or two after it was picked up, to keep people from memorizing spawn areas.

Ammo could also be found in random dead bodies laying around the map.

Grenades - For the grenades, I think there could be one type. A molotov cocktail like in the campaign.

The molotov cocktail would be a one hit kill on contact as seen from the campaign gameplay.

There would be one in each map, but there would also be ways to create one.

You would have to pick them up, by losing your knife.

Power Weapons - For power weapons, there would only be things like the one hit kill shotgun from campaign or the rifle that Ellie carries also. The ammo on these weapons would be very limited such as anywhere between 2 to 4 shots. Nothing too serious.

Melee Weapons - Another cool thing that could be added in could be one hit kill wooden planks, hammers (the tool), bricks, or even saws or pipes or something.

Wooden Planks: These would be laying around the maps in random positions. Instead of spawns, more could possibly be falling of as debris from an old object or building. They would degrade after 2 or 3 hits. They would also take two hits to kill someone. shotty.png

Saws/Hammers/Crowbars: These would be one hit kills. No spawns for these either, and only 1 of each for each map. Maybe only 2/4 for each map. Any could do.

Stealth/Hostage:

When behind an enemy, you can press R1 to put him in choke hold. To keep him in choke hold, you have to hold R1. When you have him in choke hold, you have the choice to:

- Slowly walk around with him for a certain amount of time

- Choke him to death

- Snap his neck

- Or melee him with a melee item you have.

Your so called "hostage" can break away on a random notice by rapidly pressing a button.

Also, if you have an enemy in choke hold, a teammate will be able to shoot or melee the enemy also.

Destructible/Extras:

There would also be destructile items and extras on a map. Here's a list:

Raggedy Truck/Vehicle - If shot at, the truck would get even more beat up with dents. Shooting at the glass would result in it breaking. Shooting at the gas tank would result in making it explode, thus making someone loss a portion of life if close by it. The explosion would keep tiny flames hanging around the truck.

You could also pull or push a truck a couple feet to block an area to make enemies take another route.

Oil Bins - These could be used to get oil to make molotov cocktails. When shot at they could either explode, or just fall over thus spilling the gas within it making it unusable. Oil bins would explode even more if molotov cocktail gets thrown at it.

You can also drag oil bins around and use them as traps if someone walks by them. There would only be 1 or 2 in each map.

Modes:

For modes in competitive, I think it should be similar to the Uncharted modes. I'm not sure about the limit of players for the modes. Anywhere between 8 and 12 maybe.

Robbery - There's a bag of suplies that has been found in the middle of the map. It contains food, water, first aid, guns, ammo, and anything else that's useful for survival. It's your job as a team to get that bag of supplies back to your base/main area. Only one person is able to grab the bag.

When you're in possesion of the bag, you get double the health by using the aid that's in the bag, and you are granted a two hit kill pistol from the bag to defend yourself with. You also move half the normal speed when carrying the bag.

Last Man Standing - Similar to Free for All, you can only play alone on this mode. There is a kill limit and every man is for themselves. Whichever individual reaches it first wins.

Survival - Similar to Elimination. The objective is to kill the other team two out of three rounds. There's no respawning. Also, you spawn with a decrease in ammo.

RUSH - I guess you could say that this mode is like Elimination on steroids. This mode is similar to the rules of it, except there is no rounds. Just one full on match.

But the catch is that the enviornment is constantly in motion, and you have to keep up to kill your enemies while trying to keep up with the map. The player limit would be 3v3 and everyone would have double or triple health.

As a scenario, let me explain this mode. Lets say theres a large burning building. You have to make your way to the top using many routes, being smart, while trying to kill the other team while they have double or even triple health.

Perks:

No perks, boosters, kickbacks, or anything else to enhance individual characters.

Also, no loadouts.

Health:

The health should be like Max Payne, with a body outline or the bar that the campaign has.

There could be first aid or pills to regain more health. You could loot dead bodies of health also.

Characters:

Heroes:

Joel

Ellie

Bill

People who live at facility

Others who show up throughout campaign

Villains:

Bandits (different kinds)

Huntericon.pngSurvivoricon.png

The Infected

Infectedicon.png

People who work for the facility

and the government who try and

chase Joel and Ellie down

Maps:

The maps should be pretty big. Especially not too small. Here's some ideas of some I came up with:

- An area in a city that is overgrown with vegetation

- The facility where Joel and Ellie lives

- The junkyard where bandits disquise in

- A couple stores/buildings that are beat up and ragedy

Just some ideas.

Well, guess that's pretty much it.

watchdogs
Message 1 of 16 (328 Views)
Survivor
2480 posts

Re: How I hink The Last of US MP hould be.

Aug 25, 2012

Cool, I like all your ideas. However I don't think there should be grenades just Molotov Cocktails

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 2 of 16 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Aug 25, 2012
Don't like any of them. They're way too much "Similar to something in Uncharted 3 but with a small difference".

Needs to be a completely different game.
Message 3 of 16 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2304 posts

Aug 26, 2012

calcunnon wrote:
Don't like any of them. They're way too much "Similar to something in Uncharted 3 but with a small difference".

Uncharted 3?? No, no, no, no. If there's any similarity at all, it would be similar to Uncharted 2. 

But it would better than Uncharted 2, with more balance and having it be more simple. See any kickbacks? No. Any BS boosters? No. BS loadouts? No. More than 4 power weapons everywhere with more than enough ammo? No.

Yes, the gameplay and modes may be similar, but nothing like what all the BS UC3 has in it.

watchdogs
Message 4 of 16 (307 Views)
Survivor
2304 posts

Aug 26, 2012

calcunnon wrote:

Also, there's lots of games that are similar to one another, but just in a different enviornment...

I guess you haven't played a big variety of games to know this? ...

watchdogs
Message 5 of 16 (305 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Aug 26, 2012
So you want another similar game with new settings. Way to think big.
Message 6 of 16 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2304 posts

Aug 26, 2012

calcunnon wrote:
So you want another similar game with new settings. Way to think big.

So I'm guessing that you have better ideas if competitive MP happened to be in this game?

watchdogs
Message 7 of 16 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Aug 26, 2012
I don't think competitive MP should be in the game, it doesn't suit the genre. Not unless they can come up with something completely genius.
Message 8 of 16 (277 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Aug 26, 2012
Genius and, lest I forget, completely original.
Message 9 of 16 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Aug 26, 2012

Oh to add something, I don't think there should be any power weapons. Well, maybe just one shotgun or something, but it shouldn't be like Uncharted 3. You should aim with it.

Now I think about it, there shouldn't be any blindfire. At all.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 10 of 16 (267 Views)