Jan 27 2013
By: AKyemeni Naughty Paw 11457 posts

Hitmarkers in Multiplayer?

3 replies 238 views Edited Jan 27, 2013

Yes or no? Perhaps for more clarity in who you're shooting? Or perhaps going whole hog in the realism factor and no hitmarkers?

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 1 of 4 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Re: Hitmarkers in Multiplayer?

Jan 27, 2013

Most people want the hand-holding of a hit-marker, so if there is a competitive multiplayer, then there will definately be one. In the gameplay we've seen there wasn't really a hit-marker but you could clearly see you were hitting the enemy. Either blood splatter or physically seeing them fall to the ground.Multiplayer would be different from the Single-Player mode, no doubt. Players might get annoyed if they stumble when they're shot. (I wouldn't, but if that is the reason I was killed it could get annoying eventually) So having a hit marker would make sense unless blood splatter was still somehting you see in multiplayer.

Last Of Us GOTY
Message 2 of 4 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11457 posts

Jan 27, 2013

luigi1002 wrote:

Most people want the hand-holding of a hit-marker, so if there is a competitive multiplayer, then there will definately be one. In the gameplay we've seen there wasn't really a hit-marker but you could clearly see you were hitting the enemy. Either blood splatter or physically seeing them fall to the ground.Multiplayer would be different from the Single-Player mode, no doubt. Players might get annoyed if they stumble when they're shot. (I wouldn't, but if that is the reason I was killed it could get annoying eventually) So having a hit marker would make sense unless blood splatter was still somehting you see in multiplayer.

Now that I think of it, we could have sound cues, like grunts, screams, and other sounds. We could also have sprays of blood. I mean, it worked for Uncharted 2, so why not. It's up to Naughty Dog to determine how detailed everything is in the Multiplayer.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 3 of 4 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Jan 27, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

luigi1002 wrote:

Now that I think of it, we could have sound cues, like grunts, screams, and other sounds. We could also have sprays of blood. I mean, it worked for Uncharted 2, so why not. It's up to Naughty Dog to determine how detailed everything is in the Multiplayer.

Exactly, plus guns would be a rarity, making you save each shot than just hoping to get a hit-marker.

Last Of Us GOTY
Message 4 of 4 (223 Views)
0 Likes