Sep 09 2012
By: Wanderearth Lombax Warrior 85 posts

Hey Naughty Dog, I love your TLOU clip, but PLEASE...

[ Edited ]
2 replies 200 views Edited Sep 9, 2012

Hi ND people, I really LOVE your 16 minute Last of Us clip, but I have 3 requests I really hope you'll consider,

1)  Do we absolutely need that overhead HUD on the screen?  If you look at games like FarCry 2, you can get a very immersive feeling because of the naturalistic wide open view.  No digital information list anywhere on the screen.  It just makes the game feel much more realistic and not so... gamey, if you know what I mean.

2)  I really hope we can toggle OFF the glowing hints.  You know, like when Joel and Ellie are in the old Hotel and they're looking for a way up to the second floor and suddenly there is this glowing ladder.  Like a sign from heaven.  Or when Joel is looking for a weapon to use and all these words flash across the screen as he looks in each direction, gun, bottle, and like that.  I know it's not your intention but it gives us the feeling that we're a bunch of idiots who can't find or do anything for ourselves.  If we could toggle the hints off, only use them if we absolutely have too, that's going to feel so much more realistic.

3)  Insects, guys.  Where are all the buzzing, chirping, clicking and flying insects?  All that movement would make the game feel so much more alive.  Take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doteMqP6eSc

When Joel and Ellie are ondoors and everything is dead quiet, it makes the game environment feel so... dead.  Nature would be coming alive in this world, insects and animals that we've surpressed for so long would be making a comeback in a big way.  We NEED those things to give the environment movement, vitality, life!

Thanks for your time ND.  No one does it like you!

Cheers!  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (200 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Re: Hey Naughty Dog, I love your TLOU clip, but PLEASE...

Sep 9, 2012

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (190 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Re: Hey Naughty Dog, I love your TLOU clip, but PLEASE...

Sep 10, 2012

Wanderearth wrote:

Hi ND people, I really LOVE your 16 minute Last of Us clip, but I have 3 requests I really hope you'll consider,

1)  Do we absolutely need that overhead HUD on the screen?  If you look at games like FarCry 2, you can get a very immersive feeling because of the naturalistic wide open view.  No digital information list anywhere on the screen.  It just makes the game feel much more realistic and not so... gamey, if you know what I mean.

2)  I really hope we can toggle OFF the glowing hints.  You know, like when Joel and Ellie are in the old Hotel and they're looking for a way up to the second floor and suddenly there is this glowing ladder.  Like a sign from heaven.  Or when Joel is looking for a weapon to use and all these words flash across the screen as he looks in each direction, gun, bottle, and like that.  I know it's not your intention but it gives us the feeling that we're a bunch of idiots who can't find or do anything for ourselves.  If we could toggle the hints off, only use them if we absolutely have too, that's going to feel so much more realistic.

3)  Insects, guys.  Where are all the buzzing, chirping, clicking and flying insects?  All that movement would make the game feel so much more alive.  Take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doteMqP6eSc

When Joel and Ellie are ondoors and everything is dead quiet, it makes the game environment feel so... dead.  Nature would be coming alive in this world, insects and animals that we've surpressed for so long would be making a comeback in a big way.  We NEED those things to give the environment movement, vitality, life!

Thanks for your time ND.  No one does it like you!

Cheers!  :smileyhappy:

I agree with everything 100%. I hope ND can make it like that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (157 Views)
0 Likes