Sackboy
520 posts

Re: Gore Toggle

[ Edited ]
Jun 1, 2013

Some female players also dislike gore. My wife has a serious aversion, for instance.

BTW... anyone else thought the head popping when Joel pushes the infected against the wall was a bit over over the top? I did love the head popping in other circumstances, though.

I wonder if the hunter's head will pop as easily. Perhaps the fungus makes the heads... so poppy.

Message 11 of 26 (1,109 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 1, 2013

Azman007 wrote:

Dude thank you soooooo much!!!!! Is this the gow demo?

You're welcome! And yes this is from the GoW demo. In the latest Lincoln and Pitts demo however it's a "violence" toggle so I'm guessing when the full game is released they may have added to it.

@solid_altair : Yeah the head popping surprised me, you can stomp pop their heads as well if you do a stealth take down while spotted. But I'm guessing it is the fungus that makes their tissue/bone structure more vulnerable. Or Joel seriously works out.

Message 12 of 26 (1,102 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

Jun 1, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

Azman007 wrote:

You're welcome! And yes this is from the GoW demo. In the latest Lincoln and Pitts demo however it's a "violence" toggle so I'm guessing when the full game is released they may have added to it.

@solid_altair : Yeah the head popping surprised me, you can stomp pop their heads as well if you do a stealth take down while spotted. But I'm guessing it is the fungus that makes their tissue/bone structure more vulnerable. Or Joel seriously works out.

Im confused becuase i think ND have removed it from the full game. 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-General/Reviewer-states-quot-No-option-to-lowe...

so confused now! i hope its added in!

Message 13 of 26 (1,083 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1645 posts

Jun 1, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:
That's lame. It smells of ND trying to sell this game to 12 year olds.

Maybe some people just like to play without gore? I personally don't mind the gore, but don't remove an option that the small percent of the community enjoys. It's not affecting how you like the game, at all.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 14 of 26 (1,077 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Azman007 wrote:

dh0rmazine wrote:

Azman007 wrote:

Im confused becuase i think ND have removed it from the full game. 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-General/Reviewer-states-quot-No-option-to-lowe...

so confused now! i hope its added in!

Interesting, I hadn't seen that. You can't change gore settings while you're playing in the game though, only before you start your playthrough, so I wonder if it's the same maybe for the retail copy?

I just can't see them including that in the demo and then take it out in the finalized version. Sees weird.

Message 15 of 26 (1,076 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Do you know if there is also an option for removing some of the strong language? Any info would be helpful. I don't mind a little, but from the looks of it, this game has a lot

Message 16 of 26 (1,027 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11911 posts

Jun 11, 2013
^There is no option for strong language. Sorry!

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 17 of 26 (1,022 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Banjo_aus wrote:

Don't see a problem since it's completely optional. No different to "toggle blood: red or green" in some games. It's only when we're FORCED to play with "green blood" that I make a fuss.

I actually am really impressed with how many options ND seems to be giving players with TLOU, options-wise. I just noticed you can even turn Listen Mode off, and - though I haven't tried it - what seems to be most of the HUD and QTE prompts... very welcome indeed, and a rare thing in games these days.

On Naughty Dog's Twitter A While Back, I asked them if they could have an option to turn off melee prompts. I can't believe we found another rare developer that listens to its fans! Smiley Very Happy

They Came Without Warning... I Came Without Warning THEM.
Message 18 of 26 (995 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Jun 12, 2013
There needs to be an option to play as Samuel L. Jackson after you beat the game, that way he can scream: YESS I KILLED EM AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!! After dispatching enemies and Ellie's like Holy **bleep** Samuel! Just my opinion
Message 19 of 26 (991 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Jun 12, 2013

IGotVds wrote:
There needs to be an option to play as Samuel L. Jackson after you beat the game, that way he can scream: YESS I KILLED EM AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!! After dispatching enemies and Ellie's like Holy **bleep** Samuel! Just my opinion

She Probably Wouldn't know who Samuel L. Jackson even is.

They Came Without Warning... I Came Without Warning THEM.
Message 20 of 26 (988 Views)
0 Likes