Feb 08 2017
By: ALPHA-GHOST-187 Uncharted Territory 1722 posts

Game mechanics to consider?

3 replies 185 views Edited Feb 8, 2017
I feel like since we're moving on in the last of us there should be some new mechanics, obviously we want to bring back the classic feel of the last of us, but it also brings a chance to bring some things back, what I'd like to point out is back to the original e3 demo.

When the last of us part 1 was shown, we saw some cool features, such as unloading a gun to receive its ammo.

fighting a enemy to take a weapon from them, aka the cool shotgun scene that ended the loud approach of the demo, also seen in the teaser trailer where Joel over came a hunter for a wooden plank. I know this was scripted but fans were sad to see this wasn't a thing in the final product

Lastly that I can remember is a lean system. I understand that the lean system was removed for listening mode, but maybe it's time to bring it back? Maybe for hard difficulty or maybe scrap listening mode since this isn't Joel, but Ellie, is more slippery and more capable of moving through areas.

I'd like to see something added that doesn't feel too much and held to the game, I believe the amazing producers of naughty dog are capable of working their magic for this piece!

a red fox
a red fox
^^^ ~ Click For My Channel, Leave a Comment~ ^^^
"I can't wait to get home and lay on the floor"
Message 1 of 4 (185 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Re: Game mechanics to consider?

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2017

I played grounded mode only, which didn't allow for the listening mode. So I'd would be fine if they scrapped it altogether. My big concern for the gameplay mechanics is how the partner AI, particularly in the case for Joel will be implemented. I have a hard time seeing him tailing Ellie the whole time. Granted the gameplay itself isn't always canon. Only thing I can think of is Joel's age may start slowing him down.

Message 2 of 4 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1722 posts

Feb 9, 2017
Only solution is to kill off Joel, or, which is annoying, following chapters.

If you ever played mgs 5 tpp, in the first chapter you follow an ai team, and if you move too fast it just looks stupid cause he's signaling you to follow and you are practically in front of him.

I honestly miss the lean system they showed. I feel listening mode could be scrapped since their older, and Ellie isn't exactly as trained as Joel, so it was kinda dumb they gave her that ability *late spoiler warning*

Also as dumb as this sounds, but what about a crawling feature, Ellie is obviously more reliable on her ability to get away and slip. So what is she goes lower then crouch, behind a dresser and then crawling past a knocked over futon or something.

ALSO! Naughty dog, we know how much you love to re use a new mechanic you came up with but come on, getting a dumpster or a box to climb something gets old, especially when you brought it from the last of us to uncharted 4. But what I'm thinking of is uncharted 4 foliage cover system, aka the tall grass and plant hiding spots. I feel that's a bit too much for the last of us universe, I hope you keep us behind the desks and trees and not in the sagebrush and grass.

a red fox
a red fox
Message 3 of 4 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1722 posts

last month
Also, and I know this is probably impossible to do in games, but what would also be cool if sleeves fell down during combat.

Let's be honest, I wear flannels a lot and when I punch or even vault over stuff my sleeves fall down.

So Joel punching and his sleeve slipping down during combat would be a nice touch but I know that would be difficult to do

a red fox
a red fox
Message 4 of 4 (95 Views)
0 Likes