Highlighted
Feb 03 2013
By: joelio13 Lombax Warrior 172 posts

Extras, Hidden Items/Locations, etc. What do you Want?

[ Edited ]
10 replies 409 views Edited Feb 3, 2013

Many games, as you know, have features in the game that are not part of the main campaign or single player necessarily, but still add a great deal to the title. Some features are small, like unlockable costumes in Uncharted or another game, and others are of course bigger, like the skill games in FIFA 13 or the Challenge Maps in Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

In the Last of Us, I hope to see Naughty Dog implement something along those lines, adding replay value and such. I think the stages in the aforementioned Arkham series could transfer well into a game like this, where the combat is so brutal, and well thought out. Plus, it would be a good place to test out the A.I. and different tactics. Another feature that I would be interested in is 1 vs 1 multiplayer, both online and, if possible, on LAN. I think it would be a very frequently played mode, making for some extremely intense battles and demonstrating just who is the better surviver out of the two players.

What are some ideas you have?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 11 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
354 posts

Re: Extras, Hidden Items/Locations, etc. What do you Want?

Feb 3, 2013

I think the dynamic AI adds enough replay value already. And I think someone made a thread stating that there will be a "Start +" after you beat the game once, I'm not sure if that was confirmed though. 

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 2 of 11 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Feb 3, 2013

I'd like to see something like the treasures from Uncharted return, but instead of being just unlocks for an image gallery like Uncharted, they'll factor into gameplay more. Like maybe all the findable items in one chapter can be crafted together to make a new weapon, costume, etc.

The ultimate easter eggs would be finding the ruins of Naughty Dog's offices when you get to California (complete with copies of Jak 4 and Uncharted Temple Racing lying scattered) and Drake's Journal lying around in an abandoned clicker infested safehouse.

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 3 of 11 (371 Views)
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Feb 3, 2013

It would be cool if Naughty Dog adds side-missions after you complete the campaign mode. Like help other survivors and such. But I know that this will never happen. I have a better chance winning a lottery than this happening.

Message 4 of 11 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Feb 3, 2013
harrisj16 the Start + was confirmed by Niel Druckmann and Bruce Straley in a game informer podcast back in march or so. Here's the link http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2012/03/01/special-edition-podcast-the-last-of-us.asp...
They discuss implementing stuff like in uncharted 2 such as skins, cheats and guns in any level.
Message 5 of 11 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

Along with having to scavenge your surroundings for supplies, I'd like them to do what the RE series originally did back in the day, and reward players for exploring the environment. I've mentioned this before but in the extended E3 demo, we saw Joel use a cart to boost Ellie up to a ledge to get to a ladder in order to get to higher ground and continue on the game's path. I think it would be awesome if we could "free place" ladders, carts, and other objects in order to get to more secluded areas in order to scavenge.

I'm not entirely sure what I want, though. On one hand I think treasures like in the Uncharted series would be cool, but on the other hand I feel that this sort of system might take from the immersive atmosphere in TLoU. Maybe something like "quarantine zone credits" or "ration cards" or whatever, that the hunters or dead survivors would have on them. Collecting enough of these in the campaign would unlock extra features. Maybe even collecting things for Ellie like CDs or magazines found from the past world that she's so interested in. This way keeping up with the immersive story but also giving you stuff to find and collect.

Edit: Excuse my long posts of speculation please, lol, but something else I was thinking of would be, after you take out a pack of hunters (or even if you choose not to confront them, you could still find these) picking up diaries, or jounals, that show maps of booby traps and searched buildings, known infected "hot zones" ect. This doesn't really factor in to unlockable features though.

Message 6 of 11 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3518 posts

Feb 3, 2013

joelio13 wrote:

Many games, as you know, have features in the game that are not part of the main campaign or single player necessarily, but still add a great deal to the title. Some features are small, like unlockable costumes in Uncharted or another game, and others are of course bigger, like the skill games in FIFA 13 or the Challenge Maps in Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

In the Last of Us, I hope to see Naughty Dog implement something along those lines, adding replay value and such. I think the stages in the aforementioned Arkham series could transfer well into a game like this, where the combat is so brutal, and well thought out. Plus, it would be a good place to test out the A.I. and different tactics. Another feature that I would be interested in is 1 vs 1 multiplayer, both online and, if possible, on LAN. I think it would be a very frequently played mode, making for some extremely intense battles and demonstrating just who is the better surviver out of the two players.

arkham city: best. replay. value. in. a. single. player. game. ever.

seriously that game has amazing replay value, it has hidden trophy's, it has hidden puzzles, it has countless of sidemissions, it has challenge maps, it has new game +, it seriously has everything you could possibly add to increase replay value to a game

what I want in the last of us: new game + (which was confirmed I thought?) and collectibles, also do I want trophy's, very difficult trophy's, like: beat the game without dying or beat the game without using guns, or beat the game without being seen (except those moments that you have to be seen to proceed of course), also do I like time-based trophy's like complete that part of the game in this amount of time, but I don't want trophy's like: get 20 kills with a revolver, or burn 20 guys with a molotov, that's not exciting... I'm sick of such trophy's (uncharted 3 has very bad trophies, no challenge at all...)

Message 7 of 11 (286 Views)
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

joelio13 wrote:

arkham city: best. replay. value. in. a. single. player. game. ever.

seriously that game has amazing replay value, it has hidden trophy's, it has hidden puzzles, it has countless of sidemissions, it has challenge maps, it has new game +, it seriously has everything you could possibly add to increase replay value to a game

what I want in the last of us: new game + (which was confirmed I thought?) and collectibles, also do I want trophy's, very difficult trophy's, like: beat the game without dying or beat the game without using guns, or beat the game without being seen (except those moments that you have to be seen to proceed of course), also do I like time-based trophy's like complete that part of the game in this amount of time, but I don't want trophy's like: get 20 kills with a revolver, or burn 20 guys with a molotov, that's not exciting... I'm sick of such trophy's (uncharted 3 has very bad trophies, no challenge at all...)

I like the idea of timed trophies a lot, it would be cool if completing the game in a certain amount of time, or collecting enough collectables, translated directly into bonus unlocks as well as the trophies. Killing two birds with one stone but also giving enough replay value. I also hope there are no kill-based trophies as I don't really see this game as being a kill-based game. One of the biggest bummers in the Resident Evil series as of recently if you ask me Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 11 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Easter Eggs. Huge easter eggs, just please, not the dull ones like in UC3.

UC3 FraggedNation Clan: >JV<
Message 9 of 11 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Things i'd love to see in the game is a New Game +, lot's of trophies and hidden stuff (to get to know the previous world on how it was and how the plague spread among people, maybe some tips on how to avoid being infected...etc)

Message 10 of 11 (210 Views)
0 Likes