Sackboy
583 posts

Re: Emotion in Multiplayer.

Feb 19, 2013
I remember when I first got Bad Company 2. My brother was playing it and I was watching and listening to the amazing sound on our 7.1 surround sound. I could hear a tank in the back round and my brother turned and the tank killed him. My brother was like, "I didn't see him on my radar'" Then I had to tell him that you have to rely more on the sound then on your radar.

Like if you were in a building all by yourself sniping. Since people didn't show up on radar if they weren't shooting and you heard footsteps in the house and you knew none of your teammates were there. You knew that an enemy was in the house. Lol.
Message 11 of 18 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
624 posts

Feb 19, 2013

A good idea indeed mate. But I'd only want this to an extent, I mean my character should only respond verbally when it's actually neccessary. I don't want to be sneaking through a hallway behind an enemy to see my buddy's head pop-off in the distance and just blurt out "Oh F**K!" to announce my sympathy for the guy.

Facial animation is a definite, it was in Uncharted 3 but their faces looked pretty hilarious at times. I also think your character could flinch if a gun is fired within a close distance to them, like Ellie does during the extended gameplay footage. This shows that your character is aware as well sa you are, therefore it adds that much more realism.

Having my character's breathing pattern change maybe a tad too much but would be EXTREMELY realistic

Message 12 of 18 (236 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Feb 19, 2013

that's a great idea!!!!!!!! but i think it will be in there a little bit! i think it will be a little the same as singleplayer

Message 13 of 18 (226 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Cmdr_Firezone38 wrote:
Hey guys,

I hope we get strong emotional sounds and facial emotion from the characters in multiplayer as in the single player. I would love to hear guys with fear in their voice as they are maybe getting ambushed or something or major facial emotion as your maybe beating the with a pipe or the fear in their face as they see you coming with a knife.

What do you guys think?

That is a perfect idea, but I have a hard time believing Naughty Dog will add such thing. But for the love of good Naughty Dog please, please add this feature. 

Message 14 of 18 (204 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Feb 20, 2013

I also think that sound is just as important. I am not just talking about the sound from gun clicks and foot steps, but also the sound of fear and breath.

Message 15 of 18 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
437 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

"I'd like to see a game where characters would be very attached to each other emotionally.

i would like to see a multiplayer game where a textbox would appear upon meeting an enemy and we would have to try and convince him to join our cause before attacking him.

i'd like to see nathan drake cry after killing an enemy in deathmatch.

sometimes Drake would take control from the player and would go back to the area where an enemy died.

He would plant a seed in the ground or he would kneel and say a prayer.

and the money earned during a match would be shared between the victims' families"

Peter Molyneux

lol im kidding but yeah OP that would be good to see characters being less stereotypical in their ways than they are now

hopefully AI in general will be improved

mwahahahaha!
Message 16 of 18 (161 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Mar 2, 2013
Are you guys talking about MP? If so yea that would be cool to hear some scared and excellent voice acting while playing MP. Would love to see those text options like in MGO. Like Help, attack, retreat, yes, no. Ect. xD

If your talking about SP I think there doing a good job. I liked it where at the end of the first trailer the bandit, instead of charging at him and roaring, he was all like. Bandit: No, DON'T! And wanted mercy. Its so cool! :smileyvery-happy:
Message 17 of 18 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9602 posts

Mar 2, 2013
"Go go go!" lol good times.

Message 18 of 18 (95 Views)
0 Likes