First Son
19 posts

Re: Ellie being the cure?

Feb 13, 2013

NazzyQ wrote:
^Well, it's been confirmed that she's an orphan. But I suppose it's possible her parents abandoned her as a child and are now looking for her or something like that.

They must be offering some heck of a reward then, because there is no way I would take a child to their parents across an infected country when the parents abandoned the child in the first place. The parents ditched her and now want her back, they should be the ones to risk their lives to get to Ellie. Not the other way around.

Anyway, it's confirmed Joel is taking Ellie to a group known as Firefly. Perhaps they're a large group who have found a safe haven that isn't harshly ruled by the military. It would make sense as to why the military are fought against throughout the game if Firefly oppose them in some way and they know Joel is trying to meet with them.

Message 31 of 39 (717 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2447 posts

Feb 13, 2013

If the military wants Ellie so bad then she is obviously important in some way. Maybe her family history is important in finding the cure? I honestly don't think ND would make the story so predictable

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais

Free Sitrongr

Message 32 of 39 (691 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Feb 13, 2013

wais_45 wrote:

If the military wants Ellie so bad then she is obviously important in some way. Maybe her family history is important in finding the cure? I honestly don't think ND would make the story so predictable

It is pretty predictable, but I guess it doesn't have to be so cliche. I mean, going off of what I was saying earlier in the thread about passive immunity, by using immune individuals to transfer antibodies to non-immune individuals to create herd immunity --> if Ellie is immune and this is why the military want her, perhaps the life of the immune is one of extreme isolation and oppressive protection. Constantly locked away giving blood samples to keep the zone immune. Maybe that's why the "dying friend" was dying in the first place, he/she was immune and wanted a better life for Ellie than what the Military would do to her. I'm just playing along with the speculation. lol. I hope the actual reason for Ellie's importance is not along these lines. 

Message 33 of 39 (677 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Feb 18, 2013

wais_45 wrote:

Is it possible that life is so brutal in the military zone that Joel believes things will be better for himself and Ellie if they trek to the new area?

Maybe they're just on this trek to get away from the terrible realities of the military zone, hoping something better lies ahead?

That might be cliche, but it wouldn't be as cliche as the idea of Ellie being the cure. Ellie being the cure would translate to "no imagination, nothing to see here folks, we've all been there and done that a hundred times."

Maybe it will be a seemingly mundane reason, just the hope for something better in a new location?

Fifty-four Forty or Fight!!!!!
Message 34 of 39 (629 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Feb 18, 2013

I Think Ellie is infected and you have to get her away from the quarentine zone cause they will kill her when they find out, and then in the end she dies or you both die and everyone cry's or you find a cure and everyone is happy, thats my theorie! 

Message 35 of 39 (606 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 25, 2015
It can only be a vaccine for only survivors. It cant fight someone whos already infected because the host is under control and once the parasite of the fungus controls the host he/she will die
Message 36 of 39 (144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 25, 2015
But its not gonna be a slight chance that ellie can be the cure or the vaccine because shes infected with it already.
Message 37 of 39 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Jan 25, 2015

I think that the Firefly doctors would have ruined any chance of finding a cure, if Ellie was killed during the surgery. I think Joel's faith in life and living, for the sake of living, saved Ellie and all of mankind by rescuing Ellie. Perhaps we'll see some more on this in TLoU2.

Message 38 of 39 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jan 26, 2015

A "Spolier Alert" in the title would be nice.

Get Your Portable ID!
I have been a member since 2006.
Message 39 of 39 (132 Views)
0 Likes