Dec 12 2012
By: Darkai34 Hekseville Citizen 307 posts

Easter Eggs

11 replies 302 views Edited Dec 12, 2012

I really REALLY hope ND adds a few easter eggs, around five, if possible. It would be amazing! They could be anything, a quote, a game reference, a secret place etc! For example, there could be a hidden room with Lee Everett's body lying inside it. (I gave it as an example because Lee fits the TLoU universe.What do you think?

UC3 FraggedNation Clan: >JV<
Message 1 of 12 (302 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Re: Easter Eggs

Dec 12, 2012
They're more likely to have Uncharted or Crash Bandicoot Easter eggs because they're franchises that they own, and so have the ability to use without infringing copyright.

There are lots of references to the world that existed before the infection, like the movie posters. Perhaps on one of the streets, one of the old shops is a video game store, and you can just make out a faded old Uncharted 4 poster in the window.
Message 2 of 12 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Only if they could have Lee...  

More possibly though, it will most likely be something with Nate. Maybe his journal detailing his troubles with the outbreak.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 3 of 12 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Sorry but I don't really think the Walking Dead fits in with TLoU. Even if it did it doesn't really justify an easter egg, you don't see Battlefield Easter Eggs in Call of Duty, or Left 4 Dead Easter Eggs in Dead Rising...Lee Everett would be very unlikely. There will be Easter Eggs, I'm just betting they will most likely be Uncharted / Playstation related.

Message 4 of 12 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2559 posts

Dec 12, 2012

calcunnon wrote:
They're more likely to have Uncharted or Crash Bandicoot Easter eggs because they're franchises that they own, and so have the ability to use without infringing copyright.

There are lots of references to the world that existed before the infection, like the movie posters. Perhaps on one of the streets, one of the old shops is a video game store, and you can just make out a faded old Uncharted 4 poster in the window.

I don't think ND has the rights for Crash anymore.

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais

Free Sitrongr

Message 5 of 12 (259 Views)
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Dec 14, 2012

wais_45 wrote:

calcunnon wrote:

I don't think ND has the rights for Crash anymore.

You're right about that, Activision are the current owners of the Crash ip.

As for easter eggs, I expect to see some nods to Uncharted (like the aforementioned Drake's Journal, maybe even his ring among a looter's cache) plus a couple of precursor orbs scattered here and there.

I remember in an earlier thread regarding easter eggs that a ruined version of ND's offices should be put in the game.

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 6 of 12 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Dec 14, 2012

I really don't want ND to only put easter eggs about their games only, thats kind of dumb if you ask me...

Take for example Bordelands 2, it had a **bleep**load of easter eggs, including references from movies and Minecraft Easter eggs.

Message 7 of 12 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Dec 14, 2012

II-SlimJim-II wrote:

Sorry but I don't really think the Walking Dead fits in with TLoU. Even if it did it doesn't really justify an easter egg, you don't see Battlefield Easter Eggs in Call of Duty, or Left 4 Dead Easter Eggs in Dead Rising...Lee Everett would be very unlikely. There will be Easter Eggs, I'm just betting they will most likely be Uncharted / Playstation related.

What? This is an example, not a suggestion. Anyway, please no only Uncharted and Playstation related easter eggs, please no,  

easter eggs should vary, imagine a minecraft easter egg on TLoU. (to people saying its unrealistic and stuff can go .... themselves, easter eggs are probably the only things a team can work freely without caring about realism or if it is relevant to the game and all that stuff, and one last thing, they are easter eggs, they are supposed to be hidden, not a part of the game, really.)

Message 8 of 12 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Dec 15, 2012

I would love it too! but nothing stupid. if they had a reference to a really random game make it like the unrandom parts. It would be funny if there easter eggs were all dark like a dead nathan drake or something i dunno.

Bioshock infinite, Last of us, tomb raider, GTA5,Watch Dogs,Dead space 3...2013= the year of no girlfriends
Message 9 of 12 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Dec 15, 2012

Bioshock infinite, Last of us, tomb raider, GTA5,Watch Dogs,Dead space 3...2013= the year of no girlfriends
Message 10 of 12 (118 Views)
0 Likes