Mar 26 2012
By: Wanderearth Lombax Warrior 85 posts

Dusted off Fallout 3 this afternoon and I gotta say...

6 replies 50 views Edited Mar 26, 2012

You can't fault this game.  It's not perfect but it has one thing very few other games have, infinite playability.  It's the game that keeps on giving.  Fallout 3 is HUGE, and because it's open world, you can play this game forever, approach it from any angle you can imagine.  And it's got atmosphere all over the place.  Gotta love that wind-swept background music.  Pound for pound, the best post-apocalyptic game to date.  Bar none.

It's my hope that The Last of Us will pick up the mantle from Fallout 3, give us an big open world game where we have the ability to explore like never before.  If anyone can do it, it's Naughty Dog.

Cheers. 

Message 1 of 7 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
95 posts

Re: Dusted off Fallout 3 this afternoon and I gotta say...

Apr 2, 2012

lol... look at Fallout 3 graphics... compare them to Uncharted 3. Now you know why one game is open world and why the other is very linear. TLoU will be linear, semi linear at most.

Message 2 of 7 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1454 posts

Apr 4, 2012

It's already confirmed it has a generally linear path.

Message 3 of 7 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

Apr 6, 2012

not gonna happen, its gonna be an uncharted clone, i.e. very linear i doubt it will even be as good as metro 2033(another very linear survial game) was either. ill be honest by the last level of uncharted 2 i was just ready for it to be over, i cant stand linear games that wanna make you feel like you have allot of options to move around when you really only have two directions to go, thats why i havnt played uncharted 3.

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 4 of 7 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Apr 18, 2012

And that's why you're missing out.

Last Of Us GOTY
Message 5 of 7 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4547 posts

May 22, 2012

Don't get me wrong, I love fallout games...especially FO3...but I really am hoping (and believing) TLoU is the total opposite of it.

-------------------

Warhawk/Starhawk Pro/Advanced Flight til the day I die-------------- [BHD] Better Hide or Die
Message 6 of 7 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
19 posts

May 26, 2012

Games really dont need to be fully free roam to be good, its actually wasted space IMO , but Fallout 3 was awesome. Im assuming The Last of Us ( Sounds weird just typing that... lol) will be along the lines of Half Life 2, which would be awesome, but might have more options when coming into an area on how you want to tackle it.

Message 7 of 7 (50 Views)
0 Likes