Jun 11 2012
By: AKyemeni Naughty Paw 11456 posts

Does Ellie have the Heart to murder?

7 replies 93 views Edited Jun 11, 2012

Replaying the Cartagena level in Uncharted 3 got me thinking: Does Ellie have the mental willpower to pull a trigger or stab an enemy to death? Sure she has been raised in a hostile environment, but would she? In the E3 gameplay, she question Joel about his choice of burning an enemy alive with a "Oh sh!t, Joel!"  She certainly has an childish innocence, yet she will harm an enemy. But kill?

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 1 of 8 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Re: Does Ellie have the Heart to murder?

Jun 11, 2012

Well, you'll do anything to survive

P.S. wow adding a wink to that really made it sound negative...

[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 2 of 8 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2810 posts

Jun 11, 2012

I would hope so. I wouldn't want her "watching" throughout the whole game.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 8 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Jun 11, 2012

She yells "hey ***hole" while chucking a brick at someone's head... im almost certain if thrown hard enough a brick to the head could kill a person. I don't think she will be using a gun, but she could most certainly kill someone with a knife,random object, ect..

I feel like she is uneasy about it though, like when se says "good job with all the er.....killing and all" Which makes me think this is the first time she has really seen the world, making me think she's spent all her life in the safe zone.

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 4 of 8 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4384 posts

Jun 11, 2012

iceyfire54312 wrote:

She yells "hey ***hole" while chucking a brick at someone's head... im almost certain if thrown hard enough a brick to the head could kill a person. I don't think she will be using a gun, but she could most certainly kill someone with a knife,random object, ect..

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube

TLOU_1920x1200

Ellie has a rifle/sniper on her back, so she will use a gun for self-defense or protecting Joel. Does she have the heart to murder? Maybe.

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 5 of 8 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Jun 11, 2012

FredFai wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube

TLOU_1920x1200

Ellie has a rifle/sniper on her back, so she will use a gun for self-defense or protecting Joel. Does she have the heart to murder? Maybe.

I think she's just the pack mule honestly, she's 12 and I doubt she could use a gun efficiently. Her using a gun would be a last resort kinda thing.  Why waste bullets when you have joel with 20+ years of exprince.

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 6 of 8 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jun 11, 2012

That's why we need to learn how long the world has been in this condition.  If she grew up in this environment, she has to be used to it...there's no way around it. 

Message 7 of 8 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4384 posts

Jun 11, 2012

We don't know until we play the game. Ahh, I found the video. Skip to 2:25. What do you think?

EDIT: Ellie will kill infested enemies no matter what because they are "critical threats" to her and Joel.

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 8 of 8 (93 Views)
0 Likes