Treasure Hunter
5107 posts

From the sounds of what this game could be, I don't want...

Dec 13, 2011
From the sounds of what this game could be, I don't want it to have a multiplayer, if it is to have a multiplayer it should be co-op.
Message 30 of 44 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14213 posts

It depends really. Some people would prefer to spend time...

Dec 13, 2011

tedward1014 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Well TBH, without MP I couldn't say for sure I would buy it.

If the MP is as extensive as GTA's then it's a win win situation.

I've learnt my lesson though, games without MP lack any real replay value, play once, finish, shelf game forever.

Well, if you look at uncharted 1 and uncharted 2, both single players have a lot of replay value. They have bonuses, tweaks, and an unlockable crushing mode. I've played through Drakes Fortune about 4 times and uncharted 2 about 5-6 times. I would reccon that The Last of Us would be a lot longer than these two games as well. 

I disagree with the idea that you need multiplayer for replay value. Uncharted 3 focused more on multiplayer than on single player (it seems that way) and I won't play it nearly as much as Uc1 and Uc2. 

It depends really. Some people would prefer to spend time playing SP. some can't do it as much and need MP.

I did play Uncharted 2 more than one time. Due to those things you listed, but it was only a maximum of 10 times. But that still really isn't much of a life considering the game can be finished in a day. 10 days for a game doesn't seem like good shelf life. So I still stick with MP being needed for replay value :smileyhappy:

Message 31 of 44 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5496 posts

Eric has stated that there is no official word on mltipla...

Dec 13, 2011

ieyan wrote:

since there's no multiplayer in this game, i expect the stroryline gonna be good :smileywink:

Eric has stated that there is no official word on mltiplayer yet. Meaning there might be, there might not be.

I've been thinking about it, and I'm actually really hoping for a huge co-operative experience. Teams of up to 5 players trying to make it from city to city by any means possible. I think it'd be exciting.

Message 32 of 44 (118 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1293 posts

I can understand your opinion, and I'm not sure what to c...

Dec 13, 2011

I can understand your opinion, and I'm not sure what to choose if I was forced to neglect any mode, but I still enjoy both a good single- and multiplayer. All the whining comes mostly from the competitive gaming anyway - I would really love to see "The Last of Us" focusing more on the cooperative aspects, which could also blend well with the storyline and not necessarily make the singleplayer suck. Imagining to survive in the world Naughty Dog creates with a good buddy seems interesting, and considering the experience ND has now with multiplayer (the coop modes of UC are great in my opinion, though unfortunately a bit neglected compared to the competitive modes) I would really look forward to a full-fledged coop experience in "The Last of Us".

Message 33 of 44 (118 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

i'm happy if co-op would be the only multiplayer for the...

Dec 13, 2011

calcunnon wrote:

ieyan wrote:

since there's no multiplayer in this game, i expect the stroryline gonna be good :smileywink:

Eric has stated that there is no official word on mltiplayer yet. Meaning there might be, there might not be.

I've been thinking about it, and I'm actually really hoping for a huge co-operative experience. Teams of up to 5 players trying to make it from city to city by any means possible. I think it'd be exciting.

i'm happy if co-op would be the only multiplayer for the game..because i never enjoy playing multiplayer on uncharted like team deathmatch etc, don't know why :smileyindifferent:

Message 34 of 44 (118 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

since there's no multiplayer in this game, i expect the s...

Dec 13, 2011

since there's no multiplayer in this game, i expect the storyline gonna be good :smileywink:

Message 35 of 44 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7372 posts

Competitive is possible. BUT deathmatch etc is a no no. I...

Dec 13, 2011

Competitive is possible. BUT deathmatch etc is a no no.

Instead, I think a sort of Team Objective mode as well as co-op would work great.

You can kill the other team if neccesary, but mosly you want to watch out for the zombies going for BOTH teams. 

Or perhaps you all start off with no ammo, you have to kill each other to get ammo so you can kill zombies. The team with the most zombie kills wins.

See, competitive multiplayer would be great for this game if ND are creative enough. 

Message 37 of 44 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

I don't really understand why anyone would be bothered if...

Dec 13, 2011

I don't really understand why anyone would be bothered if a game has a multiplayer they don't want to use. I didn't use Assassins Creed: Brotherhood's multiplayer, but it doesn't offend me that it's there, I just enjoyed the singleplayer. I really don't think the Uncharted 2 and 3 campaigns suffered in any way due to the presence of the multiplayer option.

Message 38 of 44 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11037 posts

Re: Do NOT do multiplayer! Please Naughty Dog. Read & remember why you are the best.

Feb 23, 2013
I'm sorry OP

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 39 of 44 (116 Views)
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Re: Do NOT do multiplayer! Please Naughty Dog. Read & remember why you are the best.

Feb 24, 2013

I'll wait until some multiplayer information is released and see if I'm interested or not. Regardless, I'm buying the game anyways since I'm interested in the campaign. If the MP is good as well then that's just icing on the cake. (Hopefully it's co-op icing).

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 40 of 44 (105 Views)
0 Likes