I Only Post Everything
1211 posts

Its a bit still to say that you dont want MP on the basis...

Dec 12, 2011

Its a bit still to say that you dont want MP on the basis that this MIGHT be a massive open world game. I mean lets face it, pushing those visuals, do you really think it being open world is likely? I have serious doubts.

The game is being described as "Story Driven" to me this means linear, in the same way as Uncharted.

Message 20 of 44 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2289 posts

ya for play it 3 times self forever UNLESS nosalgia kicks...

Dec 12, 2011

Aureilia wrote:

Well TBH, without MP I couldn't say for sure I would buy it.

If the MP is as extensive as GTA's then it's a win win situation.

I've learnt my lesson though, games without MP lack any real replay value, play once, finish, shelf game forever.

ya for play it 3 times self forever UNLESS nosalgia kicks in

Message 21 of 44 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7372 posts

Man RDR. That had an amazing, lengthy story AND the most...

Dec 13, 2011

REDXJeenKs3000 wrote:

supermoc10 wrote:

kibblz wrote:
Yes. That's right. No **bleep** multiplayer for a change. I'm sick of everyone whining about multiplayer in games. It's like that's all they're looking forward too. No. Take a look at what made you guys what you are with Uncharted. It's not the **bleep** multiplayer. It's the epic storylines and lovable characters you give us. Drake's Fortune is still my favorite. Maybe it's because you guys put all the hard work into the story and that's all you focused on. I loved it. It changed the way I looked at games. That was the first time after being a gamer my whole life that I ever loved a game so much. It's why I actually bought a ps3. Seeing a small video clip of the game on YouTube. I did everything in my power to get that in my hands. I sold my brothers car for $800 just to get a ps3 and play it. True story. So please, Naughty Dog, let's forget about multiplayer and create the most epic ps3 game, full of emotions and loving characters that we care for, just like you did back in 2007 and 2009.

My thoughts exactly. ND should focus on the story. Also for those talking about replayability, if they make this game as an Open-World game with side-missions, DLC and all, we won't need multiplayer

If they make the game as long as RDR then im ok without it

Man RDR. That had an amazing, lengthy story AND the most extensive multiplayer I have ever seen. Seriously, there is so much to do.

If TLOU can do what RDR did singleplayer and multiplayer wise I will be HUGELY impressed. 

Message 22 of 44 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

I think they should add a MP if they can do it right, lik...

Dec 13, 2011

kibblz wrote:
Yes. That's right. No **bleep** multiplayer for a change. I'm sick of everyone whining about multiplayer in games. It's like that's all they're looking forward too. No. Take a look at what made you guys what you are with Uncharted. It's not the **bleep** multiplayer. It's the epic storylines and lovable characters you give us. Drake's Fortune is still my favorite. Maybe it's because you guys put all the hard work into the story and that's all you focused on. I loved it. It changed the way I looked at games. That was the first time after being a gamer my whole life that I ever loved a game so much. It's why I actually bought a ps3. Seeing a small video clip of the game on YouTube. I did everything in my power to get that in my hands. I sold my brothers car for $800 just to get a ps3 and play it. True story. So please, Naughty Dog, let's forget about multiplayer and create the most epic ps3 game, full of emotions and loving characters that we care for, just like you did back in 2007 and 2009.

I think they should add a MP if they can do it right, like all kinds of co-op. 

I don't think competative will be a good idea unless they can REALLY bring the MP, and I mean really bring it.  They've proven with both U2 and 3 that MP isn't their strong side... if we see similar problems like lag, unbalance and such then it'll be more of a waist than anything else.

Message 23 of 44 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1466 posts

Er, what about the MP in UC2? Amazing SP, and pretty dang...

Dec 13, 2011

Er, what about the MP in UC2? Amazing SP, and pretty dang good MP. I don't see anything that was compromised.

I think this game would be even better with co-op.

--

Paying for Uncharted 2 content? Heck no.

Rioichi Cooper.
Message 24 of 44 (66 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
814 posts

Agree calcunnon, there should be no competitive multiplay...

Dec 13, 2011

calcunnon wrote:

If they really have to implement a multiplayer, I'd hope it wasn't competitive. Just a survival co-operative mode. Your team surviving against the AI zombies. That would be fun,

Agree calcunnon, there should be no competitive multiplayer IMO too.

I want cooperative multiplayer but not too-much action-oriented...and not standard hordes/waves...something more atmospheric/moody...ND could try something different than what we are accustomed to in online ames those days...

Online modes are really not evolving so far in 99% of games so...please, ND, don't be affraid to innovate and give us something different for online if you make some online in The Last of Us.

Message 25 of 44 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Yeah U2 was good, but with U3 they proved they don't real...

Dec 13, 2011

RaCpram12 wrote:

Er, what about the MP in UC2? Amazing SP, and pretty dang good MP. I don't see anything that was compromised.

I think this game would be even better with co-op.

Yeah U2 was good, but with U3 they proved they don't really know much about the MP experience. 

I'm really starting to think that U3 suffered from this whole "2 teams" thing, because if you look at U2 there's little they didn't do "right" and you go to U3 and it's like.... "wth did you do"

As for co-op, that's something Sony needs to look into.  Games are FUN when you can play with other people.  PS3 games seem to be more about "we can do this, and they cant!" instead of "lets make something fun"  Halo, gears, L4D...they are all technically lacking but they offer a great variety of fun because of the splitscreen. 

Message 26 of 44 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
272 posts

Naughty Dog has the porential of creating the most epic c...

Dec 13, 2011

Naughty Dog has the porential of creating the most epic co-op experience ever made if they were to add an online / offline co-op to The Last of Us... and to be honest I'm almost 100% positive it will have co-op, because it's just too good of an opportunity to pass up, and 'm sure ND knows that, nawmeen?

Can't wait until more information is released tho.... I haven't been this excited for a game in years.

Message 27 of 44 (66 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

I see no reason why they shouldn't keep it the way Uncharted ...

Dec 13, 2011

I see no reason why they shouldn't keep it the way Uncharted did it:

1st game: SP only - concentrate on establishing the main characters and "getting into" the IP.

2nd game: New, polished SP episode (introducing some new supporting cast) + MP.

3rd game: Fan service (listen to what you fans want - and give it to them in heaps).

They need to keep some potential to improve and expand the series ...

Message 28 of 44 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Before judging if the game needs multiplayer or not, shou...

Dec 13, 2011

Before judging if the game needs multiplayer or not, shouldn't we wait for ... gameplay?

I mean, it's related to the type of game you make. You can't imagine heavy rain with multiplayer, and killzone3 without it..

Message 29 of 44 (66 Views)
0 Likes