Survivor
2480 posts

Stop whining already, multiplayer or not, this game is go...

Dec 12, 2011

Stop whining already, multiplayer or not, this game is gonna be EPIC!

Follow me on twitch!

https://www.twitch.tv/xx_raptor_a4_xx
Message 10 of 44 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
568 posts

If they have a proper, open world adventure on a huge sca...

Dec 12, 2011
If they have a proper, open world adventure on a huge scale, there really wouldn't be need for a multiplayer. I'm hoping for Final Fantasy like graphics and storyline, inFamous like open world awesomeness (but bigger), plus the Uncharted wit and action, with a sprinkling of ND goodness. Like a giant, videogame cake. :smileyhappy:
Message 11 of 44 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7372 posts

If they do decide to do multiplayer, then I don't think c...

Dec 12, 2011

If they do decide to do multiplayer, then I don't think competitive is the way to go.

Now let's assume the game is massive open world (it might be). This is what the MP could be:

Think RDR or GTA multiplayer. A huge open world with players doing what they want around the map. You can drop in on an online game or stay offline if you want. You can interact with players, help them with missions etc or just ignore them. They could advance it even further by making more possibilities for players to interact.

This is really the only way I can see multiplayer working. If the game is linear then a drop in, drop out system would be the best way. 

Message 12 of 44 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

i dont play online MP that much and I have no problem wit...

Dec 12, 2011

i dont play online MP that much and I have no problem with tlou having multiplayer of some sort. I just hope that this game is not multiplayer-centric like most of the games today, COD, gears, BF etc.

+============================================================+
Message 13 of 44 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14558 posts

Well TBH, without MP I couldn't say for sure I would buy...

Dec 12, 2011

Well TBH, without MP I couldn't say for sure I would buy it.

If the MP is as extensive as GTA's then it's a win win situation.

I've learnt my lesson though, games without MP lack any real replay value, play once, finish, shelf game forever.

Message 14 of 44 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1234 posts

Sorry but unless the game offers in the 20 hour SP mark,...

Dec 12, 2011

Sorry but unless the game offers in the 20 hour SP mark, it needs MP. As much as i love UC2 & 3's SP i really cant justify their full price without the MP. Only games like Skyrim or Assassins Creed (and even AC has MP) can go for full price SP games because they offer a lot. A 6 hour game with nothing more to it, no matter how good those 6 hours are is just a throw away product.

And anyway, ND have shown that they can make awesome MP.

Message 15 of 44 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

Online co-op is must. (If not the SP is better be the bes...

Dec 12, 2011

Online co-op is must. (If not the SP is better be the best one ever)

Competitive if you can come up something suitable.

But don't listen to me: never believed that UC2's MP would work that well.

Message 16 of 44 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

I can not share your feelings! Uncharted 3 multiplayer is...

Dec 12, 2011

I can not share your feelings! Uncharted 3 multiplayer isn't perfect, but it is fun for me and the first multiplayer ND did with Uncharted 2 was an awesome feature (SP of UC2 didn't suffered at all and got the GOTY,  one of the best PS3 games ever made) Why you want to spend money for less content? 

I would like to see some kind of Survial Mode or Coop (Splitscreen and getting the chance to play with my buddies or my girlfriend is awesome)! Yeah, best new feature in UC3 Splitscreen, so ND add it via patch in UC2 :smileywink: ^^

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 17 of 44 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Well, if you look at uncharted 1 and uncharted 2, both si...

Dec 12, 2011

Aureilia wrote:

Well TBH, without MP I couldn't say for sure I would buy it.

If the MP is as extensive as GTA's then it's a win win situation.

I've learnt my lesson though, games without MP lack any real replay value, play once, finish, shelf game forever.

Well, if you look at uncharted 1 and uncharted 2, both single players have a lot of replay value. They have bonuses, tweaks, and an unlockable crushing mode. I've played through Drakes Fortune about 4 times and uncharted 2 about 5-6 times. I would reccon that The Last of Us would be a lot longer than these two games as well. 

I disagree with the idea that you need multiplayer for replay value. Uncharted 3 focused more on multiplayer than on single player (it seems that way) and I won't play it nearly as much as Uc1 and Uc2. 

Message 18 of 44 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2289 posts

If they make the game as long as RDR then im ok without it

Dec 12, 2011

supermoc10 wrote:

kibblz wrote:
Yes. That's right. No **bleep** multiplayer for a change. I'm sick of everyone whining about multiplayer in games. It's like that's all they're looking forward too. No. Take a look at what made you guys what you are with Uncharted. It's not the **bleep** multiplayer. It's the epic storylines and lovable characters you give us. Drake's Fortune is still my favorite. Maybe it's because you guys put all the hard work into the story and that's all you focused on. I loved it. It changed the way I looked at games. That was the first time after being a gamer my whole life that I ever loved a game so much. It's why I actually bought a ps3. Seeing a small video clip of the game on YouTube. I did everything in my power to get that in my hands. I sold my brothers car for $800 just to get a ps3 and play it. True story. So please, Naughty Dog, let's forget about multiplayer and create the most epic ps3 game, full of emotions and loving characters that we care for, just like you did back in 2007 and 2009.

My thoughts exactly. ND should focus on the story. Also for those talking about replayability, if they make this game as an Open-World game with side-missions, DLC and all, we won't need multiplayer

If they make the game as long as RDR then im ok without it

Message 19 of 44 (92 Views)
0 Likes