Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 25 2012
By: Darkai34 Hekseville Citizen 307 posts
Accepted Solution

Different infected

11 replies 421 views Edited Nov 25, 2012
Wouldn't it be cool if TLoU had different infected other than the standard ones we have seen so far? Well, here are my ideas:

Standard Clicker: Fast speed, weak attack, can only bite and use its claws. Average health

Acid Clicker: Can spit acid (ranged attack), very slow speed, average health, strong attack, has a greenish look

Pounce Clicker: Can pounce high in the air and use its claws, average health, normal speed and weak attack, its usually crouching trying to undetectably reach the player

Sprinter Clicker: Very fast speed (runs while in four legs), weak attack, low health and attack n run technique

Chief Clicker: Big and tall Clicker, lots of health, strong attack, move quite slowly

Let me know what you guys think, will add/edit more later. :smileyhappy:

UC3 FraggedNation Clan: >JV<
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Re: Different infected

Nov 25, 2012
Also chief clicker can only punch and bite, sorry, cannot edit while in phone.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Too much zombie variation sounds a bit too Resident Evil-ish. I'd prefer it if there was just one type, and also possibly a stronger variant right near the end as a surprise and/or boss scenario.

But the pounce clicker does sound cool :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Nov 26, 2012

I'd rather not have different types of infected, especially since TLOU is focused less on the infection and more on the survival of the protagonists. I'm all for variation in the infected in their physical appearance and their fighting abilities (to a minor extent), but special types is getting a little too far into Left 4 Dead or Resident Evil territory, as calcunnon said.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (384 Views)
Survivor
2480 posts

Nov 26, 2012

I'd rather have one type of zombies perhaps with more types of attacking. But glad to see that you're sharing your ideas :smileyhappy:

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Nov 26, 2012
Yeah that"s what I was mainly aiming towards for, different appearances of infected just for variation, you know not all the infected can be the same.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (360 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Nov 26, 2012

I'm cool with different looks of the infected but not the ability to spit acid and all that other stuff. You basically got ideas from Left 4 Dead. :smileytongue:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (345 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Nov 27, 2012

TLoU isn't a RPG game, the focus of the game is another.

So, no "Acid Infected's". Only humans and "normal Infected's", more close to "reality".

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
604 posts

Nov 27, 2012

That many types is a bit excessive, and the fact they're all so unique kinda sucks out the realism. I like the idea, but only to an extent. There shouldn't be boomers and lurkers and so fourth, maybe the occasional buff daddy but other than that it's not neccessary

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Different types where you find them?? fat zombie = tougher?

Zombie at a power palnt might be radiated so it might be radiation zombie or like a zombie in a heavy duty suit (army swat etc...) is harder because they have bulelt proof vests on etc...

Bioshock infinite, Last of us, tomb raider, GTA5,Watch Dogs,Dead space 3...2013= the year of no girlfriends
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (173 Views)
0 Likes