Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Re: Different Pittsburgh Gameplay "DAT A.I."

May 24, 2013
Really? Got to watch it again then. Okay, now that's what I'm talking about. Dropping the gun and backing away, that's great.
Message 21 of 45 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

cvbxsta wrote:
Really? Got to watch it again then. Okay, now that's what I'm talking about. Dropping the gun and backing away, that's great.

He didn't drop the gun, he took aim at Joel but didn't shoot. After Joel takes a shot he scrambles to try to get away.

It's at 3:31

You have to remember it's on the easiest mode, too. Line of sight is going to be far less and they'll probably take less cover.

sig.png

Message 22 of 45 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

Okay. I'm going to attempt to put this "E3 build was better" thing to rest.  

First off, TLoU is not scripted, we know this. But,  a Naughty Dog employee was playing the E3 Demo.  

Where as, in the more recent demo's, journalists and gamers have been playing. People who have had no prior experience playing this game and have no knowledge of how the game mechanics work or how it should be properly played. 

Now again, the E3 Demo was not scripted but, the ND employee did play it in a scripted way to show off the dynamic features of the game.   

I'm going to do some comparisons:  

E3: In the hostage situation, Joel had a safe distance from the Hunter and it was only him and the Hunter in the room. Making the Hunter AI go into a more defensive state.  Allowing a stand-off scenario.

Pittsburg: The player attempted to initiate a hostage situation, but was next to another Hunter. The other Hunter threw Joel off of his friend. Which in itself was a interesting scene. 

E3: Ellie threw a brick at the Hunter when Joel showed was out of ammuntion. Allowing for a follow-up attack.

Pittsburg: It was hard to see, but when Joel was fighting a Hunter, Ellie threw a glass bottle at the Hunter in an attempt to help Joel.   

Just a few comparisons. The game is still the same in my eyes. The ND employee did a good job of expertly showing off the dynamic features of the AI. Those features have not been lost.  

Obviously an ND employee would do a great job of highlighting these scenarios.   

Hopefully I got my point across.

Edit: Lol, 7 posts went on while I was writing my one. I have great timing.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 23 of 45 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

^^
I didn't notice half of those details. The comparison helped. Thanks. So excited for this game. Post apocalyptic from ND is usually an instabuy for me but with Splinter Cell Blacklist coming out, I might have to pass on TLOU. Still torn between the two, since I'm both a huge stealth fan and absolutely love bleak apocalyptic fiction

Message 24 of 45 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

Yeah man. They're hard to notice in the Pittsburg demo whe he's running around like a mad man.  

Get whichever. They don't disapeer. You can always pick up the other one at a later time. Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 45 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

May 24, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

Yeah man. They're hard to notice in the Pittsburg demo whe he's running around like a mad man.

These guys are just not playing the game the way WE want it to be played.

sig.png

Message 26 of 45 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

I'm playing on hard 1st playthrough. Stealth and the shiv are going to be my best friend. 

Message 27 of 45 (179 Views)
Fender Bender
2562 posts

May 24, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

I'm playing on hard 1st playthrough. Stealth and the shiv are going to be my best friend. 

Same.

I also plan on taking my sweet **bleep** time finding erthang.

Message 28 of 45 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

May 24, 2013

Yeah the collectibles are actually worthwhile this time around. Hopefully this transcends into the U4. Treasures are soooooo boring. No interest in looking for them. 

I'm going to be upgrading Max health and Shiv Master. Shiv Master just sounds so right for some reason.

Message 29 of 45 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
10758 posts

May 24, 2013
I will purposely waste all my stuff BEFORE an encounter. Yeah, nothing more hardcore than that!

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 30 of 45 (166 Views)
0 Likes