Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Re: Different Pittsburgh Gameplay "DAT A.I."

May 24, 2013
Cud someone put a YouTube link? My phone can't handle the player. I wanna see "Dat A.I"
Message 11 of 45 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

May 24, 2013
Message 12 of 45 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11892 posts

May 24, 2013
I love how the last guy just stayed in cover for a long time, looking for the best time to ambush

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 13 of 45 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

May 24, 2013
I don't know. It could be because the player is just playing poorly (bow at close range!?) but the AI doesn't seem to compare to the E3 demo.

I'm not saying the E3 demo was scripted or anything like that. But there, the pros were playing and AI was jaw dropping

Here nothing the AI has done is as impressive or as intelligent as the E3 demo

Thoughts?
Message 14 of 45 (209 Views)
Naughty Paw
11892 posts

May 24, 2013
^Just outta curiosity, what did you expect them to do in this demo?

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 15 of 45 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

cvbxsta wrote:
I don't know. It could be because the player is just playing poorly (bow at close range!?) but the AI doesn't seem to compare to the E3 demo.

I'm not saying the E3 demo was scripted or anything like that. But there, the pros were playing and AI was jaw dropping

Here nothing the AI has done is as impressive or as intelligent as the E3 demo

Thoughts?

He's playing on easy. They did what they were supposed to do. Avoid gunfire, flank, take cover, react to the player's actions. What else is there? The player was sneaking around in listen mode and standing out in the open, it's all in how you play. I mean, in the other demo, these guys didn't even come into the building because the player opened fire first before running. I'm sure if he took a shot at them with a shotgun they wouldn't have rushed him.

sig.png

Message 16 of 45 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

^^

In the E3 demo, Joel took a human shield, the enemies reacted accordingly, worried about their friend. They seemed to communicate more, yelling Joel's position to each other and indicating actual locations in the world and warning eachother that you had a weapon.

I didn't stuff like that here unless I missed it. And in the gameplay, it seemed like a few enemies just rushed up to melee Joel even though they knew he had a gun.

Then again, like I said, that demo was played by ND, to showcase the AI and how it reacts so of course it played so smooth and seamless. 

Message 17 of 45 (178 Views)
Wastelander
769 posts

May 24, 2013

He had a bow lol, he didn't fire a single shot until they had already rushed him. And yes, you did miss the reaction. When he took him as a shield, the other guy said, "Just let him go. Drop him!" and aimed his gun at Joel but didn't fire. After Joel shot him he scrambled away, he got shot again and started shooting and trying to get away and Joel shot him again.

sig.png

Message 18 of 45 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3653 posts

May 24, 2013

did you guys notice in the beginning multiple times, there is a sound when an enemy is getting you in his line of sight and starting to recognize it is you, how much easier do they want this game to get...

Message 19 of 45 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

May 24, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

did you guys notice in the beginning multiple times, there is a sound when an enemy is getting you in his line of sight and starting to recognize it is you, how much easier do they want this game to get...

Right? lol

I'll never touch listen mode.

sig.png

Message 20 of 45 (165 Views)
0 Likes