Jul 19 2013
By: WinterEdit Sackboy 564 posts

Detroit IRL looks like it would be in The Last of Us, doesn't it?

[ Edited ]
35 replies 1074 views Edited Jul 19, 2013

These images of Detroit have not been altered or edited by me anyway, copied them from a news site. Doesn't this look like it would be in The Last of Us (only without the Infected)? I think it does.

The city of Detroit has become quite deserted due to bankruptcy and such, and is listed as one of the most dangerous cities in the world. Apparently, nature is taking back too...

Detroit

Here. have an inside view of a room in Detroit.

Detroit2

Another landscape shot.

Detroit3

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 1 of 36 (1,074 Views)
Sackboy
364 posts

Re: Detroit IRL looks like it would be in The Last of Us, doesn't it?

Jul 19, 2013

Cool. 

Signature Size for Contest July TLOU photo FINALSARAH_zpse2590fe2.jpg
Message 2 of 36 (1,069 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
32 posts

Jul 19, 2013

Now everybody from the 313 put your motherf***in hands up and follow me

Message 3 of 36 (1,059 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

Jul 19, 2013

Most of it doesn't look like this and it's hardly deserted.

sig.png

Message 4 of 36 (1,027 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 19, 2013

Except alot of people still live there & most cities has areas like that F.Y.I

Message 5 of 36 (995 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jul 19, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Except alot of people still live there & most cities has areas like that F.Y.I

Indeed. But a cool way of view nonetheless.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 6 of 36 (986 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1407 posts

Jul 19, 2013

I read a news article a few months back that so many ppl have left Detroit that the city actually bulldozed several neighborhoods that had been vacant for years. 

I would call Detroit.....the Last of Them...and they really are dealing with apocolyptic style issues over there.  I know of some people who moved from Detroit and they had to sell a house that they bought for 300K......wanna guess how much it brought?  If you guessed less than 100K you would be right! (sounds crazy but their economy is tanking so hard)

Message 7 of 36 (964 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

Jul 19, 2013

semper_fi_1999 wrote:

I read a news article a few months back that so many ppl have left Detroit that the city actually bulldozed several neighborhoods that had been vacant for years. 

I would call Detroit.....the Last of Them...and they really are dealing with apocolyptic style issues over there.  I know of some people who moved from Detroit and they had to sell a house that they bought for 300K......wanna guess how much it brought?  If you guessed less than 100K you would be right! (sounds crazy but their economy is tanking so hard)

I live in Detroit, it's not bad enough to call it apocolyptic...

sig.png

Message 8 of 36 (953 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1407 posts

Jul 19, 2013
I can tell you from the outside looking in it appears that way.........

Oh and BTW I am sorry for what you guys are going through in that city even if it is the cities own fault.
Message 9 of 36 (920 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2013

I live in Detroit and I would call it apocalyptic, seriously a TLOU live action movie can be shot here with no issue of moving people or finding locations. Sure there are still people here but even when I was a kid I remember going downtown and seeing no cars in sight and no people at all. it was so deserted to the point where you can speak and your voice would echo. I can't tell how occupied downtown detroit is today cause I hardly go there but yeah, this place is a dump. They have even turned off the street lights in some neighborhoods that are vacant to save electricity. My sister lives in a "neighborhood" where her house is the only standing house there. A literal neighborhood of one person and I've seen another woman on the news who is the only person in her neighborhood. So unsafe! I so can't wait to move out of here. Hopefully by the start of next year.

But yeah, if they are ever thinking of making a TLOU film, come to Detroit, you don't even need a set designer. lol!

Just check out these pics. I admit some of the places are beautiful in their decaying state. Looks like fungus can be seen on some of the stuff too.

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1882089,00.html

http://blog.roadtrippers.com/detroit-urban-decay/

Message 10 of 36 (897 Views)
0 Likes