Highlighted
Jan 31 2013
By: Black_Chamber Lombax Warrior 181 posts

Changing wardrobe

[ Edited ]
6 replies 837 views Edited Jan 31, 2013

"The Last Of Us" takes place over the course of a year - so hopefully Joel and Ellie change clothes several times over the course of the adventure.

We have already seen the winter coats they wear in the snowy region - but they should scavenge for new clothing [shirts, pants, socks etc.] every now and then over the course of their year-long journey.

It is not only hygienic - but realistic that they would eventually need new digs, or the smell they emit might give their position away. Smiley Wink

"The only thing evil needs to succeed is for good men to do nothing."
Message 1 of 7 (837 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Re: Changing wardrobe

Jan 31, 2013
I agree. They did it for Uncharted so you can expect a similar change in this game. It all depends on what environments they'll be in. I'm assuming they'll have to go through the south during the summer months and deal with that as well.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 7 (829 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

Black_Chamber wrote:

"The Last Of Us" takes place over the course of a year - so hopefully Joel and Ellie change clothes several times over the course of the adventure.

We have already seen the winter coats they wear in the snowy region - but they should scavenge for new clothing [shirts, pants, socks etc.] every now and then over the course of their year-long journey.

It is not only hygienic - but realistic that they would eventually need new digs, or the smell they emit might give their position away. Smiley Wink

"Ugh, I hate soggy socks"

lol

Was that Joel's jacket we saw Ellie wearing in the winter scenes we've seen so far? If so, that's a cute touch. I just imagine a cutscene of Ellie shivering and Joel giving her an oversized jacket.

Message 3 of 7 (793 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11241 posts

Feb 1, 2013

I want a Nathan Drake costume.

OMG Jak costume, DO EET ND.

Message 4 of 7 (771 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
628 posts

Feb 3, 2013

There's already evidence they change clothes between the snowy region and the more hotter, humid regions they venture through in the Story Trailer. I don't think changing clothes would be vital because in my opinion the characters will become less distinctive and memorable. We all know Drake to be the modern Indianna Jones in jeans and a french sweater, and had he not been wearing those in the recent installment gamer's would have been furious

Message 5 of 7 (701 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Feb 3, 2013
@Lt_K4RLOS good point man. Everything you said is spot on.
Message 6 of 7 (683 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
869 posts

Feb 3, 2013

I'd say keep the same clothes. It would be a nice touch to change clothes but is it really necessary in a game? Would you be worried about changing clothes in a world where you have to worry about the Infected and the Hunters trying to kill you? 

Message 7 of 7 (653 Views)