Dec 13 2011
By: DiegoKG5 Lombax Warrior 98 posts

Brazilian dubbing quality for The Last Of Us

6 replies 459 views Edited Dec 13, 2011

It was released this weekend (12/10/2011) that one of Sony Studios, Naughty Dog will release a new game called The Last of Us As we know, when ever a game is announced at large events, launch occurs most often in the following year.

Thus, The Last Of Us is due out in 2012. Another important information is that this title should be one of the main entries of Nipponese giant, so almost absolute certainty is that the game of Naughty Dog will be dubbed into Brazilian Portuguese. And that's where the problems begin.

As I was informed by the manager of the American division of the PlayStation brand, Mark Stanley, Sony will be the intention of locating its key titles to be released over the years for our language. We've had Killzone 3, inFamous and Uncharted dubbed, but since it is known, dubbing services were not well received by players since the final quality was very bad.

All players of the Brazilian community has mobilized to try to change the dubbing studio which was in charge of locating Uncharted 3, but Sony refused, claiming proximity to the release of the title.

As mentioned before, it is likely that The Last Of Us is translated into Portuguese. But, more than the events that occurred in previous games, the Brazilian community will not accept a service more ridiculous by Sony.

We are starting a protest for a decent voice acting now in order that we may not suffer from the amateur studio Sony hired to locate their games. We know that the Brazilian dubbing is one of the best in the world, as well as their studios, only Sony can not observe it.

We are starting to protest that Sony does not have an excuse as in Uncharted 3, claiming that it was not possible to change the dubbing due to the proximity of the release. Still, Mark Stanley brought to BGS and he could dare to say that the final dubbing would be satisfactory.

I hope that this time, Sony players and listen to locate this title, which we do not know the release date, here in Brazil.

Naughty Dog, respect the Brazilian players. Work to provide a good dubbing for us.

Message 2 of 7 (459 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

I totally agree.   Please Naught Dog, this time help us w...

Dec 13, 2011

I totally agree.

Please Naught Dog, this time help us with dubbing quality. We need Sony take more careful whit our dubbing.

The american gamers receive an excelent dubbing. Why for brazilian may this to be different?

Like you can see, my english is very bad, so, please, quality portuguese dubbing is needed.

Message 1 of 7 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1454 posts

The American game isn't dubbed buddy, it is the original...

Dec 13, 2011

ACSM_BR wrote:

I totally agree.

Please Naught Dog, this time help us with dubbing quality. We need Sony take more careful whit our dubbing.

The american gamers receive an excelent dubbing. Why for brazilian may this to be different?

Like you can see, my english is very bad, so, please, quality portuguese dubbing is needed.

The American game isn't dubbed buddy, it is the original voice over.

But yes it would be nice for South America to have a good Dub if it really was sub par in U3.

Message 3 of 7 (459 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Brazilian dubbing quality for The Last Of Us

Dec 13, 2011

please ND, was not possible in uncharted 3, help us to make The Last Of Us is dubbed in Brazil.

We are not responsible for the dubbing, but you always want to know something of quality, and can speak with SONY BR.

thank you

por favor ND, não foi possível em uncharted 3, nos ajude para que The Last Of Us seja dublado no brasil.

Sabemos que não são os responsáveis pela dublagem, mas sabemos que vocês querem sempre algo de qualidade, e podem falar com a SONY BR.

obrigado

Message 4 of 7 (459 Views)
First Son
32 posts

Please Naugthy dogs, do not let the screw sony over this...

Dec 14, 2011
Please Naugthy dogs, do not let the screw sony over this experience with an amateur voice acting. require quality of sony's voice more than you think to our sony. We are big fans of you from the time of crash bandicoot.
Message 5 of 7 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Re: Please Naugthy dogs, do not let the screw sony over this...

Jun 23, 2012

Well, Naughty Dog, The Last of Us comes only in 2013. But we Brazilians, we expect a response from you since the end of 2011, when this topic was created. And then, what your position in relation to Brazilian dubbing? We are waiting, because this time you will not have the old excuses of time. Sony says that you are responsible for dubbing. You say it is Sony. We want an answer, because if you are thinking that the situation is as it was in Uncharted are mistaken.

Message 6 of 7 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Re: Brazilian dubbing quality for The Last Of Us

Jun 23, 2012

Who cares about that language anyway? Choose English, it's much much much much better

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 7 of 7 (459 Views)
0 Likes