Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 17 2012
By: julien-brethiot Splicer 52 posts

Bosses in The Last of Us?

7 replies 3246 views Edited Jun 17, 2012

OK, to begin with, I'm not thinking at giant monsters with life bars, that need dozen of bullets in the head to be killed, just refering to, at least one ore two "special encounters" in the game.

Uncharted had great bosses like Draza and Navarro (Lazarevic was great but quite unrealistic) so I was thinking that maybe, if J/E had to fight a group of ennemies, directed by a leader that would die like the other guys with one bullet in the head but, in the same time, that would be more dangerous (having some rusted machine gun or grenades), it would be nice.

Same thing for infected: maybe some breed of large infected that would be killed less easily than others, and would serve as a mini-boss in a cinematic encounter, near from the end of the level. There won't be many, but will surprise the player and stay realistic, since it wouldn't survive ten times the damages you have to do to a standard enemy to kill it. In Uncharted DF, Atoq was truly a great boss: no gunfight, just evading and kicking at the good moment.

So, what do you think? Nice idea or worst thing ever imagined?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (3,246 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18058 posts

Re: Bosses in The Last of Us?

Jun 17, 2012

If there are bosses, I expect really powerful Infected enemies. Maybe armored humans.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (3,246 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Jun 19, 2012

I don't know if bosses applies to this game...

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (3,246 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1563 posts

Jun 20, 2012

stentryk wrote:

I don't know if bosses applies to this game...

yeah i agree wouldn't be bad though.

[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (3,246 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2012

Well since ammo is very limited it may be a bit difficult to have bosses.

Unless they take the Zelda style *stock up on items (ammo) before using the master key on this door!* approach.

I mean think about it:

-encounters raging infected monster

-shoots only two revolver shots

-punches raging infected monster

-dies

Regardless, if ammo is not a problem, I would like to see some special stronger infected. Maybe not bosses in the sense of only fighting them once, but moreso mini bosses where they are just standard infected enemies, but stronger and more rare than the rest.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (3,231 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jul 7, 2012
I would expect the 'bosses' in this game to be more a lot the lines of 'find the unique way to kill this powerful enemy', a classic example being 'shoot the chain of the chandelier hanging above this guy'. The game definitely seems to be more strategy-based than mindless shooting, so I'd expect you'd have to survey the area and find a way to use the terrain to your advantage.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (3,221 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
644 posts

Jul 8, 2012
I think everyone here has a good idea of how these bosses will be like and i agree
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (3,207 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
469 posts

Jul 8, 2012
I for one hope there will be a boss 75% through that there will be a boss that is strong enough to be half human and half infected. Later some city 90% through in full of them and maybe 95% through you find the perfect community to live in. But soon you find out that there are dozens of infected around and the people living there are not trained in combat so you defeat the infected. Now here comes 1 week of peacefulness, until the Military arrives. In each squad of 25, the leader is a boss. after you defeat 1-2 squads the real boss fight comes- an armored Infected
Sig Code:
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (3,195 Views)
0 Likes