Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 11 2012
By: Darkai34 Hekseville Citizen 307 posts

Body hiding, animals and AI

[ Edited ]
13 replies 352 views Edited Dec 11, 2012

I have a few suggestions:

You can hide a body after you kill someone stealthy, once you hide it will be more difficult for the NPCs to find it and start becoming suspicious. When an NPC finds a body, he/she becomes suspicious and alerts the other NPCs to start searching.

Animals: It would be awesome if there are a few animals (Deers, dogs etc) throughout the game that you can kill and collect their meat. Meat can be used to restore health, not as much as med packs ofc. (I have seen some deers in some drawings for TLoU.

Also, does anyone know how Ellie's AI will work (following you), I mean, you try to stealthy get past through a group of enemies but Ellie is... just not hiding because you have taken the only avalaible cover. If Ellie gets detected do you get detected too? Or do they shoot Ellie or something? Same goes for the infected.

One last question, do you guys think avoiding the part that Joel falls in the elevator shaft is possible? Like Joel climbs up first and then helps Ellie out or something.

UC3 FraggedNation Clan: >JV<
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (352 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Re: Body hiding, animals and AI

Dec 11, 2012

If the Infected run and attack Joel do they attack Ellie too? Also do you guys think fighting the Infected will involve QTE's or the shaking of the analog sticks when you are grabbed by them since they are fast? I wanna know how this would work.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Dec 11, 2012

Ellie will take any available cover, infected will attack you first, Ellie will help you though. And about AI detecting Ellie, you just basically kill them/distract them since yu're protecting eachother. It's like you're playing with a teammate that helps you but sn't as good, you work together.

Last Of Us GOTY
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1238 posts

Dec 11, 2012

Darkai34 wrote:

Animals: It would be awesome if there are a few animals (Deers, dogs etc) throughout the game that you can kill and collect their meat. Meat can be used to restore health, not as much as med packs ofc. (I have seen some deers in some drawings for TLoU.

Somebody has been playing Far Cry 3, no? :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (271 Views)
Splicer
55 posts

Dec 11, 2012

I'm really wondering how Ellie's AI will work out. So many games have terrible companion AI, so a game like this with a companion throughout better be sure it works well.

I don't know if Ellie can die or not (and if she does you have to revert to a save), but my guess is they handle that by her being incapacitated until Joel heals her.

Animals could be a good fit for parts of the game, but I don't think the game will be lacking without them.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Dec 12, 2012
Well the story trailer confirmed horses and I remember seeing a deer in some concept art

But I just can't see hunting or aggressive wildlife fitting into the game

Regarding hiding bodies, sure it would deepen the stealth gameplay but in a game like this, that's not stealth focused a la Splinter Cell, I don't think it's necessary or needed
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
349 posts

Dec 12, 2012
About Ellie's AI, do you remember the part from the extended demo where Joel is hiding on a balcony type area under a window sill, and Ellie walks right past the window while an enemy looks right at her but doesn't see her at all? Rewatch the video and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. What I'm saying is that I think if joel is hiding, the game registers that as Ellie hiding as well, even if she's not fully in cover yet.
Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Dec 12, 2012

runner21 wrote:

Darkai34 wrote:

Somebody has been playing Far Cry 3, no? :smileywink:

LOL you got me. But seriously, it would be awesoem to have animals. There is an artwork made by ND that has Joel and Ellie under a destroyed bridge and there are some deer next to them.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Oh, and also, food is in the game, but what makes it doubtable that there will be animal killing and generally meat is that food is under the category "sugar".

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (156 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 15, 2012

I really hope that we can control Ellie at some episodes.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (130 Views)
0 Likes