Fender Bender
2922 posts

Re: Awful Third Person view READ, what you THINK???

Jun 13, 2012

Hey Josh, you should make that sig say "the last of us HIM!" lol, that would be funny.

Anyway, I really don't mind the camera to be in that angle. From the vids I have seen, I don't really see why it should be like Uncharted. First of all there's really no landscape to see, other than grassy city streets. I also think it fits in into the "survival tension" and is good for combat.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 21 of 27 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Aug 5, 2012

Well, we know there releasing there game in about 2013 (I read on a article there going to announce the release date when there done making the single player) so they havn't prefected the animation and other visuals like HUD yet. There is a chance that you will be able to choose how it will show the character, but the characters are WAY more chunky than in Uncharted, so I kinda like the way how it is right now,  if you know what Arma 2: Dayz is, the characters are also chunky in that and the creators made it so the body is nearly fully visible, the characters came out looking kind of... messed up? But Dayz really is a amazing game. Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 27 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Aug 6, 2012
I don't see any problem and to be honest I didn't even notice that.
 photo TLOU1_zpsd19d635d.jpg
Message 23 of 27 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Aug 8, 2012
Things like the absence of shoulder switch killed Socom 4. No shoulder swtich = your third person shooter is immediately, broken.

Unless your using an entirely centered on character camera in which case it's okay, but Socom wasn't.

The lower field of view that comes with the closer to character camera angle just makes it a more slow paced / tactical / cautious game. Which is obviously what they were going for with the Last of Us.
Message 24 of 27 (132 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Aug 9, 2012
I'm not a big fan of the camera zoom either, but I can live with it. Game will be awesome either way.
Message 25 of 27 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Aug 11, 2012
best 3rd person camera
THE
LAST
OF US

Message 26 of 27 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Sep 4, 2012

I dont see the real problem here im sorry.  Camera view is not going to hurt the game in any way and I doubt it will change much in concern of gameplay and the fell of the envirorment.

Message 27 of 27 (66 Views)
0 Likes