Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Re: Assuming LoU has competitive gameplay..

[ Edited ]
May 26, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
"You're not saying anything negative about the game. Therefore, you are a fanboy!"

That's one. *Writes down in sciency notepad* 

You all have to be extremley harsh, judging everything as bad without 100% proof.

Not like you have faith in the company dispite some faults in a recent endevor. 

Follow EyeCue, his shining raidiance will provide the light for you all to grow in his image.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 51 of 113 (129 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

[ Edited ]
May 26, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Am I reading correct, ND wants to build hype for the MP by not showing it? Dumbest logic ever.

Gamers are the worst consumers especially blind fanboys who latch unto everything these corporate developers say. 

Showing off your product is what builds the hype etc.

Neil's quote was about the Single Player & unfortunately for them their entire plot got leaked with the ending all over the net, not showing the MP is stupid, a trailer would do wonders for the game. 

No need to get fiesty , I really want something about the MP shown off too, but they want more people to start leaning towards to multiplayer mode before they even show anything off. It's their way of marketing and we can't do anything about it, fanboy or not, it's the truth. 

Message 52 of 113 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14385 posts

May 26, 2013

iqbal64255 wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

iqbal64255 wrote:

Or it could just simply be marketing, they could be just building up the hype to improve the sales. Why do people always look toward the bad side of things. Smiley Indifferent

Not saying anything about multiplayer doesn't build hype. If they wanted to build hype without showing much of the multiplayer then they could post small snippets of footage on something like Vine(basically gifs with sound).

I think it kind of does, people are begging for mp details now, NaughtyDog wants this kind of attention for their game to increase the number of buyers and have more people noticing TLOU, than if they reveal mp details, their's going to be way more people talking about it compared to now. They're building up everyones anticipation so if they reveal details there will be better end results for them.

Edit:

Neil Druckmann also said that he thinks it's better for a player when they don't know anything about the game and jump in blind not knowing what to expect.

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCTow3vfhlI

Neil says at 4:15 that they've revealed (like they've revealed anything) as little as possible to get enough hype about the game out there

It does build hype, but the wrong kind of hype.

I'm left wondering what is so bad about it that they wont show it. Most people who will be buying solely for MP will cancel pre-orders on that.

I'm not saying it is bad. It's just giving me a negative vibe.

Message 53 of 113 (108 Views)
Naughty Paw
11910 posts

May 26, 2013
Trailer for MP will come out on or before Tuesday. Just you watch.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 54 of 113 (98 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 26, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

I'm going to start counting how many times I see the word fanboy being used. 

It's going to be hard to keep track. 

But I'm dedicated to my work.

Have fun counting, the word Fanboy & Gaming are married for an enternity.

But i'm sure you already knew this. 

Message 55 of 113 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 26, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

Follow EyeCue, his shining raidiance will provide the light for you all to grow in his image.

At least then there would be more critical people on this board, and a lot less of the ones who get boners from the ND logo.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 56 of 113 (97 Views)
Naughty Paw
11910 posts

May 26, 2013
There's a difference between being critical and spewing unwarranted negativity.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 57 of 113 (91 Views)
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

May 26, 2013

No there's not. EyeCue knows all.  

We are fanboy's get used to it.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 58 of 113 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 26, 2013

iqbal64255 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Am I reading correct, ND wants to build hype for the MP by not showing it? Dumbest logic ever.

Gamers are the worst consumers especially blind fanboys who latch unto everything these corporate developers say. 

Showing off your product is what builds the hype etc.

Neil's quote was about the Single Player & unfortunately for them their entire plot got leaked with the ending all over the net, not showing the MP is stupid, a trailer would do wonders for the game. 

No need to get fiesty , I really want something about the MP shown off too, but they want more people to start leaning towards to multiplayer mode before they even show anything off. It's their way of marketing and we can't do anything about it, fanboy or not, it's the truth. 

Their way of marketing? What exactly are they marketing by not showing people what they are spending money on?
Do you think it's right for a company to try & bait fans & consumers with MP perks if they pre-order the game but they don't want to show them what they will be playing / paying for?
Sorry if you felt I was being fiesty wasn't my intention at all. Smiley Happy 
Message 59 of 113 (77 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 26, 2013
^we have a winner!

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 60 of 113 (67 Views)
0 Likes