Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: Assuming LoU has competitive gameplay..

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

The end user is gonna get screwed over by ND though. 

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 41 of 113 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

That is something you can't tell. That is up to the person's opinion. If you think you're gonna get screwed over then don't buy it lol. No one knows what the MP is like yet and even then.. Its based on opinions whether is good or bad. Typically though, the masses decide. As of now though.. We don't have it in our hands. 

Message 42 of 113 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

Psyken wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

That is something you can't tell. That is up to the person's opinion. If you think you're gonna get screwed over then don't buy it lol. No one knows what the MP is like yet and even then.. Its based on opinions whether is good or bad. Typically though, the masses decide. As of now though.. We don't have it in our hands. 

Totally agree with you there. I don't know what's in the quote though. probably a brain fart.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 43 of 113 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

May 25, 2013

This was fun to read. 

(Insert Micheal Jackson eating pocorn gif here)

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 44 of 113 (142 Views)
Sackboy
433 posts

May 25, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

This was fun to read. 

(Insert Micheal Jackson eating pocorn gif here)

lol

photo Uncharted forum_zpsc7kdez3c.jpg
Message 45 of 113 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

iqbal64255 wrote:

Or it could just simply be marketing, they could be just building up the hype to improve the sales. Why do people always look toward the bad side of things. Smiley Indifferent

Not saying anything about multiplayer doesn't build hype. If they wanted to build hype without showing much of the multiplayer then they could post small snippets of footage on something like Vine(basically gifs with sound).

I think it kind of does, people are begging for mp details now, NaughtyDog wants this kind of attention for their game to increase the number of buyers and have more people noticing TLOU, than if they reveal mp details, their's going to be way more people talking about it compared to now. They're building up everyones anticipation so if they reveal details there will be better end results for them.

Edit:

Neil Druckmann also said that he thinks it's better for a player when they don't know anything about the game and jump in blind not knowing what to expect.

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCTow3vfhlI

Neil says at 4:15 that they've revealed (like they've revealed anything) as little as possible to get enough hype about the game out there

Message 46 of 113 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 26, 2013

Am I reading correct, ND wants to build hype for the MP by not showing it? Dumbest logic ever.

Gamers are the worst consumers especially blind fanboys who latch unto everything these corporate developers say. 

Showing off your product is what builds the hype etc.

Neil's quote was about the Single Player & unfortunately for them their entire plot got leaked with the ending all over the net, not showing the MP is stupid, a trailer would do wonders for the game. 

Message 47 of 113 (97 Views)
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

[ Edited ]
May 26, 2013

I'm going to start counting how many times I see the word fanboy being used. 

It's going to be hard to keep track. 

But I'm dedicated to my work.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 48 of 113 (92 Views)
Naughty Paw
11252 posts

May 26, 2013
"You're not saying anything negative about the game. Therefore, you are a fanboy!"

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 49 of 113 (85 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 26, 2013

iqbal64255 wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

iqbal64255 wrote:

Or it could just simply be marketing, they could be just building up the hype to improve the sales. Why do people always look toward the bad side of things. Smiley Indifferent

Not saying anything about multiplayer doesn't build hype. If they wanted to build hype without showing much of the multiplayer then they could post small snippets of footage on something like Vine(basically gifs with sound).

I think it kind of does, people are begging for mp details now, NaughtyDog wants this kind of attention for their game to increase the number of buyers and have more people noticing TLOU, than if they reveal mp details, their's going to be way more people talking about it compared to now. They're building up everyones anticipation so if they reveal details there will be better end results for them.

Edit:

Neil Druckmann also said that he thinks it's better for a player when they don't know anything about the game and jump in blind not knowing what to expect.

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCTow3vfhlI

Neil says at 4:15 that they've revealed (like they've revealed anything) as little as possible to get enough hype about the game out there

I think Neil's quote is only applicable to the single player where the story matters, and not something like mutliplayer which people are supposed to keep coming back to. You don't hype what is " the best MP ever conceived" by not showing it off. The only hype they get there is from the usual group of fanboys.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 50 of 113 (83 Views)
0 Likes