Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Re: Are there any concerns for The Last of Us?

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

I'm afraid the stealth won't be an entirely developped option. Was like that in Uncharted 2/3, and seeing the lack of the ability to hide bodies...

And, as you said, I HOPE this game isn't heavily scripted. As cool and flashy as cinematic events are the first time around they aren't even fun.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 11 of 19 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

May 25, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

I'm afraid the stealth won't be an entirely developped option. Was like that in Uncharted 2/3, and seeing the lack of the ability to hide bodies...

And, as you said, I HOPE this game isn't heavily scripted. As cool and flashy as cinematic events are the first time around they aren't even fun.

I'm assuming you haven't seen the Pittsburgh demo being played? How can anyone still think combat is scripted lol.

sig.png

Message 12 of 19 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

May 25, 2013

I'm sure that stealth will be leaps and bounds over U2/3 in which it was basically non-existant. 

Though I agree, it may not be as well honed as it could of been. Looks alright so far. 

Not Splinter Cell, but, seems serviceable.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 13 of 19 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

May 25, 2013

PsiloCube wrote:

Matthewsike1st wrote:

I'm assuming you haven't seen the Pittsburgh demo being played? How can anyone still think combat is scripted lol.

I'm not talking about combat being scripted. I'm talking about an over-reliance on scripted cinematic sequences.

Y'know, stuff like the plane, ship and burning chateau in Uncharted 3 (assuming you've played it). They felt barely playable.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 14 of 19 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

I agree, I hope the stealth is amazing. I want to have an option of cleverly being able to sneak by everyone or go crazy and kill. Imagine if you could sneak through the entire game without killing an enemy(minus the ones you HAVE to fight).

Message 15 of 19 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

May 25, 2013

After what I've seen I ain't even gonna complain. My only gripe was that I thought listen mode looked ridiculous and ta daaaa I get an option to disable it so all is good. Hell even if there was no option that was such a small detail it wouldn't have derailed my interest in the game in the slightest. I was also worried and debated it quite a bit here, about whether or not Ellie was vulnerable or not. Turns out, she is! And it looks like ND pulled it off well, from what I've seen. Can't wait!

Message 16 of 19 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

May 25, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

Well, technically you can hide bodies, can you not?

I mean, not after you kill someone as in traditional stealth games, but you can take anyone as a human shield from behind (I believe this was done in the extended E3 demo) and then move them to where you'd like to hide their body, and then knock them out. Right? I hope so, as I was planning on doing this quite often.

Message 17 of 19 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

May 25, 2013

I really have no concerns about the single player. I might just end up thinking the weapon swapping animations should be slower and more realistic (like in E3).

About MP, I'm a little worried about the melee, but not very worried. I'm like 60% optimistic that they'll do a good job with the melee, that it will not be much of a 'rock 'n sock'em robots' kind of melee.

Message 18 of 19 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

May 25, 2013

i'm sure i'll enjoy replaying the game.  part of it that will change is how you react to enemies and their reaction to you which changes.  so that's good.

i wish they would place the goodies to find in a different location each time you play it.  that would add alot of replayability to it.

they did a similar thing in socom 4.

Message 19 of 19 (63 Views)
0 Likes