The game is releasing in just a few short weeks from now, and I was wondering if any of you had any concerns for the game. If so, what are they? Personally, there is a few things that have me concerned. Though they might be little things, it's something that still has me worried.
1. The lack of multiplayer details is somewhat worrisome, but I'm just hoping they got something special in store for us. Let's all hope for a multiplayer surprise at E3. IGN recently had an interview with a developer and when asked about the multiplayer, he didn't seem enthused when his brief answer. There is so much potential for this multiplayer and I hope it delivers.
2. I'm hoping the entire game is as dark and gritty as possible. I'm a little concerned that the game is going to stray away from that. I want to feel like I'm in an actual apocalypse, not a movie.
3. PLEASE do not be heavily scripted. I want every moment to feel as real as possible. I want to be able to replay the game and experience something new every single time. I understand that some parts have to be scripted, but please don't make it as heavy as Uncharted was. Don't get me wrong, Uncharted is incredible. I can understand a ton of scripted moments in big action games, but The Last of Us is definitely not one of those.
4. Listen Mode is somewhat concerning. Sure, you can turn it off, but let's face it... who's going to? I like it because you can get a general idea of where the enemy is by the noises they make, but from what I've seen it looks like I can see enemies through walls a hundred feet away. I hate that I can see their every movement through the walls. I wish instead of their body shapes, it just maybe gave me a big transparent bubble. That way I know their within the vicinity of that bubble, rather than me knowing their exact location and body type.
I hope I wasn't too critical with this, but these are my only concerns at the moment.
Mp is being released soon(news)
Joel and Ellie are supposed to be upbeat to a point. The world is dark and gritty, but it's supposed to show that humanity can survive even in the toughest of times.
It's not supposed to be heavily scripted, most of the extras are through exploration. Enemies react to the way you play, and how you combat different situations.
Listen mode can be turned off in the options menu, and is off by default in Survivor mode and cannot be turned on.
I also hope that it isn't super scripted and that the unscripted moments are clean, as in smooth animations and such.
I'm kind of a HUGE Mass Effect player, so I found your comment odd. Yeah, certain lines are hokey when they're meant to be hokey, but it stays serious when it needs to stay serious. Mass Effect pulled that off well, and I'm sure this will too. I mean, it's a 14 year old girl for crying out loud. She's not going to be brooding and cold the whole time. ND worked very hard on the script to make her feel like a young girl placed in this situation.
Anyway, I'm getting off topic. One HUGE thing that's bothered me is the healing animation. So far we've seen Joel wrap up his arm in a bandage... That's it. There has to be more than that! Maybe wrapping a leg or something? I'd hope there's at least more than one. I'd even be satisfied with two.
Finally, I hope the side conversations you find off the beaten path aren't too hard to find. I'm probably going to be paranoid and scout out the entire map not to find supplies, but to trigger as many of those conversations. I don't want to miss anything cool, and I'm afraid it might be easy to.
Excuse my horrible Photoshop with the "One"
1. That will be great if it's true.
2. Yeah I understand that, I just hope it's not like that the entire game. I want it to be as dark and gritty as possible!
3. My fingers are crossed.
4. That makes me want to play Survivor from the get go. I just wish they could have toned it down a bit so I don't know the EXACT location and direction of which the enemy is standing and looking. I'll wait to play the game for my final decision on Listen Mode.
The voice acting complaint literally is the SMALLEST of all of my concerns. I don't know why I even really complained about it, I'm just hoping the game is really dark.
Seeing the same healing animation over and over could get a little old. Honestly, I'm not really sure how they will go about it. How many more animations could you have? I just don't want to get shot in the stomach, and then when I'm healing myself, I'm bandaging my arm. Small complaint again, but yeah.
I will do the same sir. I am a scavenger at heart, and I will comb the entire area until everything has been taken.
1. The main focus is the SP and that looks up to snuff. That's what really matters to me. The MP is just a side thing, if it's good then great, but if it's bad, whatever.
2. The voice acting is superb. Everything can't be depressing 24/7, the game would just become a drag to play. Besides, it's human nature, when going through hardship we try to lift our spirits with songs, jokes etc. I don't find it cheesy, it's a relief and it's appreciated. If your looking for alot of depression, read The Road. If there was little talking, how would there be any character developement? ND is trying to create a bond between Joel and Ellie, would be difficult with little to no dialouge.
3. This should be the least of your worries. I highly doubt that this game will be heavily scripted.
4. This is still a concern? Even with the option to turn it off? It seems like you honestly needed something else on this list to complain about. If your wondering who's going to turn it off. Alot of people are. I am. I know alot of others who are as well.
Concerns are concerns, but you shouldn't worry too much about any of this.
1. I agree, but for $60 I'm also hoping the MP is awesome.
2. I edited my original post because I didn't word it right. I agree with you.
3. I hope so!
4. I just think it could have been done better is all.
Like I said people, list some things that you are worried about. I know we all think this is going to be God's Gift to mankind, but there is no point in defending the game here. We all know this game is going to be awesome and we're all hyped.