Naughty Paw
11218 posts

Re: A melee booster...?

Jan 24, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

calcunnon wrote:

Oh, and hopefully the melee system is sophisticated enough that when I stealth kill someone, it actually stealth kills them, instead of just punching them and leaving me vulnerable.

True that. I'm hoping, melee wise, it's a bit like AC3 multiplayer where it's not just your attack that counts, but how and when you execute it. Say you sneak up behind someone, and hit them with a pipe in the head. The fact that you were stealthy enough to perform this act means that your opponent couldn't brace and thus, you damaged him severely. As opposed to just hitting someone with a pipe head on, they would be able to counter. I think the hitboxes should be "realistic" as well, as in firearms (assuming of course they are last resort and ammo is scarce, I truly do hope that is the case) severely damage your opponents and affect their abilites depending on where you hit them. Shoot someone in the head = instant death. Arms/legs = unable to use melee effectively/limps until bandages are applies if you have found any. You get what I'm saying.

If it's the simple and overpowered, boring mechanics of U3 MP I'm with ya, I won't really bother I don't think.

I forgot about the ideas I had a long time ago, in a topic I made

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-General/Multiplayer-Melee-Thread/m-p/39224989#...

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 11 of 14 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2394 posts

Imagine if they added kickbacks into TLOU lol.

Jan 24, 2013

Imagine if they added kickbacks into TLOU lol. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 12 of 14 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Jan 24, 2013

End_Level_Boss wrote:

I'm not getting that melee boost... now I feel at a dis-advantage lol. Urgh.

I bet after 1-2 hours on online play you will be able to unlock/buy that booster. Its a false preorder bonus, just like the cash bonus for UC3.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 13 of 14 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Jan 24, 2013

This game shouldn't have any type of melee where it's like AC3. Those are insta-kills. The only instance when an insta-kill melee should hapen is if you sneak up from behind with a weapon and they don't notice you and dodge. The brick obviously wouldn't do an insta-kill, but it should do more damage and weaken your enemy's reaction time for a very short time letting you either go for a kill or getting the upperhand on them. Think of it like someone is using the melee attack on you. Just imagine what a bull**** call it would be if a guy came out of nowhere instantly killing you.

Last Of Us GOTY
Message 14 of 14 (224 Views)
0 Likes