Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 23 2013
By: SjShane Fender Bender 2003 posts

A melee booster...?

13 replies 344 views Edited Jan 23, 2013
Cog......?

But, how does everyone else feel about this? I know it's early to say but I'm mostly worried they kept the two hit melee from Uncharted, and if this makes it more powerful...

That being said, maybe they will surprise me and not go with the straight out shooter / kill based multiplayer, so it could be interesting.

Any word on other boosters yet?
Pepsi
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8292 posts

Re: A melee booster...?

Jan 23, 2013
Well, judging info given to us, it looks like melee will play a bigger role than Uncharted. With that said, there's really nothing else you can worry abiut regarding multiplayer. All they said was that the multiplayer will be "unique", which can mean anything. We'll have to wait for a trailer or something first.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jan 23, 2013
I have a feeling the melee system is going to be more sophisticated than Uncharted 3's.

If the multiplayer ends up being similar to U3 I probably won't stick with it for long.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8292 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Do u mean similar in mechanics? Such as hipfire?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jan 23, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
Do u mean similar in mechanics? Such as hipfire?

That's certainly one of the aspects. If there's a 'roll and drop grenade' mechanic I'll probably not even bother playing it.

Uncharted multiplayer just feels like such a spamfest. I got bored of it ages ago because it just feels like the only thing to do is shoot anything that moves, even in the objective-based modes. I want each mode in TLoU to have purpose. To feel like a real fight for survival. Not just to keep shooting at stuff, die, respawn, repeat. Yawn.

The multiplayer of Uncharted also has a very 'friendly' feel to it, with the ability to do crazy jumps off huge buildings and climb stuff that nobody could climb. It's all topped off with things like kickbacks where a weapon magically spawns in to someone's hands, or they can turn in to a swarm of spiders. I don't want any of that nonsense in TLoU. I want it gritty and to have a much more real feel to it.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (323 Views)
Naughty Host
8292 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Hey, at least theres no kickback preorder incentive, so we're kinda heading into the right direction,nas well as very limiting platforming .

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Oh, and hopefully the melee system is sophisticated enough that when I stealth kill someone, it actually stealth kills them, instead of just punching them and leaving me vulnerable.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (311 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I'm not getting that melee boost... now I feel at a dis-advantage lol. Urgh.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Jan 23, 2013

End_Level_Boss wrote:

I'm not getting that melee boost... now I feel at a dis-advantage lol. Urgh.

Lol, I'm just going to pre-order it from gamestop so I can get the extra stuff, normally I would get one of the special editions but I need the money for a new PC

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

calcunnon wrote:

Oh, and hopefully the melee system is sophisticated enough that when I stealth kill someone, it actually stealth kills them, instead of just punching them and leaving me vulnerable.

True that. I'm hoping, melee wise, it's a bit like AC3 multiplayer where it's not just your attack that counts, but how and when you execute it. Say you sneak up behind someone, and hit them with a pipe in the head. The fact that you were stealthy enough to perform this act means that your opponent couldn't brace and thus, you damaged him severely. As opposed to just hitting someone with a pipe head on, they would be able to counter. I think the hitboxes should be "realistic" as well, as in firearms (assuming of course they are last resort and ammo is scarce, I truly do hope that is the case) severely damage your opponents and affect their abilites depending on where you hit them. Shoot someone in the head = instant death. Arms/legs = unable to use melee effectively/limps until bandages are applies if you have found any. You get what I'm saying.

If it's the simple and overpowered, boring mechanics of U3 MP I'm with ya, I won't really bother I don't think.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (234 Views)
0 Likes