Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 07 2012
By: NarooN Ghost of Sparta 17336 posts

Any old-skool players here?

11 replies 471 views Edited Feb 7, 2012

I decided to randomly pop by, place is pretty barren, lol. Anyone looking at this remember me by any chance? DM online was the best, till the hackers came in, at least.

Regardless, if anyone's reading this, you should check out Syphon Filter Central, has cool info and interviews with previous SF voice actors, and forums.

My observation has purpose, hence I am here.
Message 1 of 12 (471 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Re: Any old-skool players here?

Feb 26, 2012

I pop up by this place once in a while... But we all play on PS3 or Xbox. I'll check it out.

Message 2 of 12 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2312 posts

Apr 9, 2012

Yeah I still remember you, I also still see your videos on youtube every now and then. I checked out the site is lots of information, thanks for sharing. It's sort of nostalgic now that I look back out how much we loved the games and would come on here and set up friendly (hack free) multiplayer battles. Let's keep on hoping for that new Syphon FIlter whether on PS3 or PS Vita.

Message 3 of 12 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17336 posts

May 6, 2012

How's it going?

Yeah, I sometimes get nostalgic and remember the older SF days with Dark Mirror & Logan's Shadow. Kinda crazy how it's 2012 now, and the last we've seen some Syphon action was late 2007.

There's one small beacon of hope for a new game, though. SF creator John Garvin said in an interview a couple months ago that now that Bend has finished up with the Uncharted Vita game, they've started work on their new "top secret" project, and he winked and said he couldn't say what it was. So maybe a new SF for Vita. I'd honestly buy a Vita just to get that game.

My observation has purpose, hence I am here.
Message 4 of 12 (471 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1144 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2012

Maybe a new SF will come out. :smileytongue:

Message 5 of 12 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Jul 9, 2012

Yo.

Get your Portable ID!
Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question, yes is the answer. :smileyhappy:
HyperionZ
Message 6 of 12 (459 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 6, 2012

callmethedj402 here.

Don't know if you remember me, but I remember you.  I was just reminiscing over this game.

I've played a **bleep**-load of PS3 games since I last sold my PSP (about 3 years ago now), and I can confidently say I haven't had the same satisfaction playing any of those games as I had playing SFDM pre-hackers. I know it sounds weird comparing PSP games to PS3 games, but that's just how I feel.  

The closest gaming experience I've come to is Uncharted 3.  The importance of strafing and shooting reminds me so much of SFDM.  

Agreed on the possibility of SF coming to the Vita.  I would buy it just to play that, without question. 

Fondest memory?  Playing against Oni in Combat Ops and him calling me "awesome" after the game.  He's the best player I've played against, so that was cool.

Anyone wanna share their fondest memories of SFDM/LS (ugh)/Combat Ops? 

Message 7 of 12 (438 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 6, 2012

Man its been awhile. I used to play with Redsox88 JeremyCopen and SGTLost. Those are the only names that pop in mind right now. Those were good times. Are the servers up still?

Any of SF players play KZ3? If so add me.

Message 8 of 12 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Sep 12, 2012
redsox88 was a good player. too bad that jeremycopen was a cheater. SGTLost - Respect. btw, weren't SGT and Teammate the same person?

I'm kinda foggy on that...
----------------------------------------------------------

Message 9 of 12 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Sep 16, 2012

I don't think so. I remember SGTLost would always talk about the chick he was dating and issues they were having. Though I never heard Teams voice.

Message 10 of 12 (393 Views)
0 Likes