Highlighted
Dec 01 2003
By: exposure~ Hekseville Citizen 311 posts

sorry, still dont get it

5 replies 8 views Edited Dec 1, 2003
I still dont understand the online aspect of re outbreak. I get that you are in a group and each person has their own special ability, but what if someone logs off, and you need that persons ability? I dont have the adapter yet so i might be asking a stupid question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you have now entered the world of survival/horror...good luck!- re1

you must survive to expose this nightmare- re 0
Message 1 of 6 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8336 posts

Re: sorry, still dont get it

Dec 1, 2003

,exposure wrote:
I still dont understand the online aspect of re outbreak. I get that you are in a group and each person has their own special ability, but what if someone logs off, and you need that persons ability? I dont have the adapter yet so i might be asking a stupid question.
Nah it's really not going to be anything like that

Message Edited by Deathvayne on 11-30-2003 07:10 PM

Message 2 of 6 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15169 posts

Dec 1, 2003

,exposure wrote:

That is by far the least stupidest post I have ever read. lol

But anyway you raise a good question....I think I may be able to answer this with some Gaming common sense and my Resident Evil knowledge.

Every time you play the game you are faced with MANY MANY different ways to do something. So take for example, you, SevenFactors, Tifa and I are playing Resident Evil outbreak online.....

• Tifa is a medic, she heals us and keeps use alive but she is weak and isnt athelitic
  • Rafe - Soldier, im stronger then hell, athletic and my weapons are strong.
  • Seven is a (Im making up classes here.) Thief/lockpicker we need him to get to hidden areas and he is strong but not as able as the soldier and he can use and do things I cannot.
  • You are a (Again making up classes.) regualr civilian

We are all going though a mission, Oh no Rafe has to go eat supper cya later.....you 3 are stuck alone, and I am needed to help boost you all up to a higher place. Well guess what? WOrk around it, you have a lock picker with you so he maybe can back track and open a locked door which goes around where you needed the boost.

Or say Seven and I both leave, a medic and civi are left.....you two are weak and cannot open doors.....again think, solve the puzzle you will need to walk around and look for ways around. I would assume if the medic was small she could fit through a crawlspace and unlock a door for you.

You have to think, this game is single player as well, and the game is the exact same online and offline just with more people. So there will always be a way to finish the game even if you are alone, just things will be easier with the right people.

Understand now?

Message 3 of 6 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Dec 1, 2003
ok, i think i get it now thanks
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you have now entered the world of survival/horror...good luck!- re1

you must survive to expose this nightmare- re 0
Message 4 of 6 (8 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18800 posts

Dec 1, 2003

,Rafe wrote:

,exposure wrote:

But anyway you raise a good question....I think I may be able to answer this with some Gaming common sense and my Resident Evil knowledge.

Every time you play the game you are faced with MANY MANY different ways to do something. So take for example, you, SevenFactors, Tifa and I are playing Resident Evil outbreak online.....

• Tifa is a medic, she heals us and keeps use alive but she is weak and isnt athelitic
  • Seven is a (Im making up classes here.) Thief/lockpicker we need him to get to hidden areas and he is strong but not as able as the soldier and he can use and do things I cannot.

We are all going though a mission, Oh no Rafe has to go eat supper cya later.....you 3 are stuck alone, and I am needed to help boost you all up to a higher place. Well guess what? WOrk around it, you have a lock picker with you so he maybe can back track and open a locked door which goes around where you needed the boost.

Or say Seven and I both leave, a medic and civi are left.....you two are weak and cannot open doors.....again think, solve the puzzle you will need to walk around and look for ways around. I would assume if the medic was small she could fit through a crawlspace and unlock a door for you.

You have to think, this game is single player as well, and the game is the exact same online and offline just with more people. So there will always be a way to finish the game even if you are alone, just things will be easier with the right people.

Understand now?

With an explanation like that who wouldn't of understand it?

Message Edited by SevenFactors on 12-01-2003 05:46 PM

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 5 of 6 (8 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1003 posts

Dec 1, 2003

,Rafe wrote:

,exposure wrote:

Understand now?

oh yeah and leave me out, nah im messin good explanation
Tha Nemises
Message 6 of 6 (8 Views)
0 Likes