Jun 20 2012
By: v_Trillian_v Lombax Warrior 175 posts

Lollipop Chainsaw

13 replies 719 views Edited Jun 20, 2012

lollipop-1.jpg

Decided to pre-order Lollipop Chainsaw so I'd get the Rockabilly! code. I'm sure hoping it's got good gameplay 'cause I love the idea of cheerleaders kickin' butt!

If you also have bought the game and want to discuss it please do.

Zrrrooom-zaaaa-zaaa-zaaa! (not sure how to spell out the sound a chainsaw makes lol) 

lollipop_chainsaw_1.jpg

Some really good news! All Lolipop Chainsaw Outfits To Be Available Worldwide (Not the pre-order ones unfortunately)

Kinda jealous to see this though: Lolipop Chainsaw's Oversized Press-Only Edition

Message 7 of 14 (719 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4278 posts

Re: Lollipop Chainsaw [Updated: June 12, 8:14 p.m.]

Jun 13, 2012

I'm loving this game. Pre-ordered my copy a few months back; picked it up yesterday after work; and played it for a good 4-5 hours. I'm only on Stage 2 (Stadium). Lollipop Chainsaw just has a fun/awesome vibe to it.

I got it from Gamestop, so I received the Ash (Evil Dead Trilogy) and Little Jimmy Urine (Mindless Self Indulgence!) outfits.

Can't wait till they release the other Pre-Order outfits as DLC, down the road.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 1 of 14 (719 Views)
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Jun 13, 2012

So happy to read that HorrorGod!

I'm still awaiting my copy from Amazon though I think I'll get it tomorrow. It's just nice to find out someone is enjoying it as it gives me hope it's a good game. I love the quirky idea of it all.

I must say though, I'm not so sure the pre-order outfits will be DLC. I think one of the links above suggests otherwise. I would certainly appreciate it if we could get them of course.

I was able to get the game at the $45.99 price point and am happy to have saved money but admit I didn't realize Gamestop was giving two outfits away, saweet!

I was hoping someone would post something and am certainly glad you have but I'm now worried about being behind and that I might see a spoiler here so I might not dare look at this thread for a bit lol. Apologies if I don't respond very quickly!

Message 2 of 14 (719 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4278 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Just finished it today. I'll definitely be doing more playthroughs of this game. I won't say any spoilers.

But, I will say one of the things I love about it, is it kind of gave me the feel of a horror version of "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World." (Great characters, awesome sound track, unique boss battles, funny dialogue, et cetera.)

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 3 of 14 (719 Views)
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Wow finished?! Zoinks. Congratulations!

I'm a bit more methodical (read slower) than most, who knows how long it will take me, but well done! It's good to read you liked it. I didn't play the Scott Pilgrim game but I like the horror idea. One of my favorite all-time games was Fatal Frame ll Crimson Butterfly (The Director's Cut) I had for the original Xbox.

ps and thanks for keeping away the spoilers, as you can see I couldn't stay away from reading what you said lol

Message 4 of 14 (719 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4278 posts

Jun 14, 2012

I haven't played the game Scott Pilgrim game yet (or read the comics.)

I was just comparing it to the movie. haha.

I wouldn't call it a short game, I just happen to finish it in two power sessions.
I was that engrossed in seeing how it would end.

Message 5 of 14 (719 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4278 posts

Jun 17, 2012

Hey Trillian. Hopefully you've gotten the game in the mail by now (and a chance to play it)

What's your opinion?

I realized a great way to describe the video game to anyone who still may be on the fence about checking it out.

It's like "Evil Dead", "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", and "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World" had a baby.

So if any (or all) of those things interest you, definitely at least rent this game.

Message 6 of 14 (719 Views)
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Jun 20, 2012

hiya horror, yep i have, bit tired right now but wanted to mention that.  i'm really liking it tho but i'll be doing it at a much different speed lol but i'll get back and write some thoughts soon.  hopefully some others start posting!

Message 8 of 14 (719 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Aug 13, 2012

I really want to add this game to my collection at some point.   However, i`ve got a bunch of other more things to take care of financially.   I`m trying to save a bit.

Game looks pretty good though.   

Message 9 of 14 (658 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4278 posts

Aug 14, 2012

I'm sure it will see a price drop soon. Probably around the holidays, if not sooner. You should try and pick it up then.

Message 10 of 14 (655 Views)
0 Likes