Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 11 2012
By: GrayGargoyle PlayStation MVP 10915 posts

Halloween night approaches. Which creepy game will you be (re)playing to set the mood?

11 replies 373 views Edited Oct 11, 2012

Do you have to have a bloodcurdling, tension-rising, shriek-filled horror night around every Halloween? It pays to scare and stay scared during the most haunted holiday of the year, some might say. What about you? Do you keep the lights off and shove out everyone so you can truly play Alone in the Dark: A New Nightmare by yourself every single year?

Living on a hill, do you open a window tell the world to extinguish their volume buttons as you play through a very scary Silent Hill chapter? When another copy of Resident Evil unexpectedly crashes through your window must the possessed copy be played? It's October, almost Halloween time. It's time to dim the brights and laugh like a maniac. It's nearly time to set the Clock Tower again to a quarter past "Mommy!" Which horror games will you be playing soon enough if you're not getting the job done already?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18889 posts

Re: Halloween night approaches. Which creepy game will you be (re)playing to set the mood?

Oct 12, 2012

Staying with the theme of the season, I should really have a horror night one of these nights soon.

Most likely I'll go old school with the original Silent Hill or even some point-and-click action with the original Clock Tower.

I've also been in the mood lately for a Fatal Frame game, most likely Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly.

Waiting in the wings is still Siren: New Translation which I should get back to as well.

I do like to keep the lights off and amp up the surround sound to be completely immersed in the experience.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9586 posts

Re: Halloween night approaches. Which creepy game will you be (re)playing to set the mood?

Oct 16, 2012
Been playing through Silent Hill Downpour lately. I might go on a Resident Evil playthrough of the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil 3 as I've never beaten those games before. Also gonna play through Resident Evil 6.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (345 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 17, 2012

On Halloween I like to watch scary movies and play scary games. I think this year I'll try to finish Silent Hill Downpour since I haven't beaten it yet. Then maybe I'll play some of my imported copy of Siren New Translation and then some of my downloads like Resident Evil 2 and 3 and the first Silent Hill.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (338 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11236 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

I should replay Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 this month but other non-horror video games have been capturing my attention lately.

I played Silent Hill: Downpour earlier this year and I enjoyed it for what it was worth. To be honest, I don't see myself replaying this video game any time soon and I'm not very eager to purchase Resident Evil 6 for some reason (if this video game even counts as a creepy title).

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (316 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3979 posts

Oct 22, 2012

I suppose it depends what I feel like.  Last year I just played Costume Quest.  The year before though, I played through RE3.  Nemesis and Halloween go really well together.  I don't consider the RE series to be that frightening for the most part, at least not in comparison to something like Silent Hill.  However, Nemesis, and to a lesser extent, Mr. X, does manage to earn my seal of legitimate scares.  You never know when one of them will be waiting just around the corner, or come smashing through a wall, or jump off a building, or make another, equally frightening entrance.  Mr. X has nothing on Nemesis though. 

RE6?  What's that?  The RE series ended after 4.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (306 Views)
Gaming Beast
2443 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Doom 3 all night long for me. anyone interested in co-op add me please

PSN - SSlarg

Photobucket

Games I am Currently Playing: DC Universe Online, Battlefield 4
PREORDERS: DESTINY (PS3) Diablo III Expansion (Reaper of souls) PSN: SSlarg add me!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Oct 28, 2012
i WOULD SUGGEST THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD SERIES BECAUSE OF ALL OF THE GUST AND GORE THAT GAME HAS IS VERY SCARY FOR ANY VIDEO GAME FAN TO CONSIDER VERY CREEPY.
Hello I'm asking anybody here who enjoys voting other people's ideas to what they would like to see over at the playstation network someday to vote up my 31 different ideas that are posted at the www.playstation.blog.share.com site. I have wrestling,frasier,mtv shows,grounded for life,beverly hills 90210, and more.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8693 posts

Oct 28, 2012
I just had my wisdom teeth pulled, so no party & candy for me. :smileysad:

but what that means is LOTS of video games!!!

festival of blood is on my plate this year. Also not really spooky but need to finish up AC Revelations before AC3.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (262 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3979 posts

Nov 1, 2012

JSiggy wrote:
I just had my wisdom teeth pulled, so no party & candy for me. :smileysad:

but what that means is LOTS of video games!!!

festival of blood is on my plate this year. Also not really spooky but need to finish up AC Revelations before AC3.

Aw.  That wasn't the best timing, that's for sure.  Oh well, there's always next year.  As far as candy eating goes, I ended up wussing out just before 8:00, due to feeling a little bit nauseous.  I just decided I had enough at that point, which is kind of odd, considering I have a sweet tooth.  I couldn't possibly eat another Mars bar, or I probably would have felt sick.  So much for the annual "eat candy till you puke" tradition(obviously not in the literal sense).  Maybe that's a sign that I'm starting to get old.:smileyfrustrated:

Anyways, I decided to tackle a horror game from my backlog this year, and went with Dead Nation.  I had already sampled it when I first received it as a free psn download, but only played through the first stage at that point, with the male protagonist.  I decided to start over, given how long it has been, and went with the female protagonist this time(Scarlet whatever-her-surname-is).  It turns out I didn't need to restart afterall, since the plot is virtually non-existent.  Well, it entertained me for an hour.  I don't think it's my kind of game, but I think I would recommend it for fans of violence and arcade style shmups.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (235 Views)
0 Likes