Dec 20 2009
By: tru_echo Lombax Warrior 144 posts

Best Survival Horror Game for PS3

17 replies 1792 views Edited Dec 20, 2009
In your opinion, what is the best Survival Horror game out for the PS3 (that's not a FPS)?  I've played, and enjoyed, Siren: New Translation (AKA Siren: Blood Curse) & Saw (which would have been much better if the combat system wasn't so sluggish).  I'm looking for some recommendations for what my next survival horror game should be.
tru_echo
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (1,792 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
663 posts

Re: Best Survival Horror Game for PS3

Dec 20, 2009
Dead Space (pretty much the only current gen survival horror I played) is fantastic.
PSN ID: Asher13

Suit up!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (1,792 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8923 posts

Dec 20, 2009

Asher13 wrote:
Dead Space (pretty much the only current gen survival horror I played) is fantastic.

THIS^^

Dead Space is a MUST have.

And with Dead Space 2 schedualed to release in 2010, you should pick up the first one.

I hear gamestops got a 20-60% off of games for Xmas. So now would be an excellent time to pick it up!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (1,792 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10991 posts

Dec 21, 2009

tru_echo wrote:
In your opinion, what is the best Survival Horror game out for the PS3 (that's not a FPS)?  I've played, and enjoyed, Siren: New Translation (AKA Siren: Blood Curse) & Saw (which would have been much better if the combat system wasn't so sluggish).  I'm looking for some recommendations for what my next survival horror game should be.

Dead Space is a third-person shooter title so if shooters aren't your cup of tea then you might not enjoy this video game as much as someone who doesn't mind the TPS video game genre. With that being said, Dead Space might be my pick for the "best" action-horror video game for the PS3 (it isn't really a survival horror video game in the traditional sense)...

To be completely honest with you, the 7th video game generation is severely lacking in the survival horror department... If you liked Siren: Blood Curse/New Translation then Silent Hill: Homecoming might have something to offer you but don't expect it to blow you away with anything in particular... Silent Hill: Homecoming is the only survival horror video game for the PS3 that I have played through multiple times but I'm not sure if you would consider it to be the "best" survival horror video game for the PS3 (especially now that you have played through Siren: Blood Curse/New Translation)...

If you don't want to wait for my Silent Hill: Homecoming MVP Review then I can give you to my Silent Hill: Homecoming mini-review (it should suffice for the time being). I should have my SHH MVP Review up in the next couple of weeks (I might even slap it together before next week)...

If you want to read my Silent Hill: Homecoming mini-review, you can check it out here... 

Re: Silent Hill Homecoming Opinions? 

Message Edited by SweetPoison13 on 12-20-2009 05:26 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (1,792 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Dec 21, 2009
I love 3rd person shooters, just for some reason I've never been able to get into 1st person shooters.  I'll definitely check out both recommendations.  Thanks!
tru_echo
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (1,792 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Dec 21, 2009

id say Siren is the best survival horror game out there, then silent hill homecoming.  Dead space was more a sci fi shooter horror than true survival horror.  i thought dead space was boring actually.  i never thought aliens were scary at all.  just depends on your tastes.  if you have b/c  silent hill shattered memories is coming soon.

but overall for psychological scares, siren was awesome and disturbing, but make sure you get the asia version, its much better and uncensored.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (1,792 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
371 posts

Dec 21, 2009

HanudaSiren wrote:

id say Siren is the best survival horror game out there, then silent hill homecoming.  Dead space was more a sci fi shooter horror than true survival horror.  i thought dead space was boring actually.  i never thought aliens were scary at all.  just depends on your tastes.  if you have b/c  silent hill shattered memories is coming soon.

but overall for psychological scares, siren was awesome and disturbing, but make sure you get the asia version, its much better and uncensored.

Ha Ha, yea SIREN NT/BC rules! I got the ASIA version in July 2009 and I still play it a few times, it's so great. I'm really awaiting another. SIREN for the PS2 is good, but i don't play it that much. 

Siren: Blood Curse/ New Translation FTW
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (1,792 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Dec 21, 2009
The only 3 great survival horror games IMHO are Silent Hill Homecoming, Saw and Siren Blood Curse. 
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (1,792 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Dec 21, 2009
Yeah, I got the Asian version of Siren: New Translation.  I don't like censored games, nor do I understand why they even exist - after all, isn't that why the games have a rating?  I've rented Silent Hill: Homecoming & will hopefully get to play through it this weekend. 
tru_echo
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (1,792 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Dec 22, 2009

Does the Asian version of Siren: New Translation have English subtitles or anything? I just watched a trailer on GameSpot, & though it looked scary enough...I couldn't read a damn thing on the screen.

Thanks.

"********

"My pain is constant and sharp. And I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others."
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (1,792 Views)
0 Likes