Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 05 2012
By: XXLT622 First Son 1 posts

ps3 games keep freezing

2 replies 4109 views Edited Aug 5, 2012

My games keep freezing up on me either during gameplay or during the loading screen. I can usually get in a game or 2 then my ps3 will start to make a clicking noise then shortly after the game will freeze. I have only had my ps3 for 1 1/2 years.....any suggestions on what to do?

Message 1 of 3 (4,109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Re: ps3 games keep freezing

Aug 5, 2012

I recomend you enter safe mode... from off with a red power light hold the power button down until it goes back to red and let go. Then hold down power button again until you a quick double beep. It'll say connect controller using usb cable and hit PS button... in this safe mode select option 3 restore file system. (anything else in safe mode could erase files off your system, safe mode 3 does not). After that go into game data utility and delete the game data. The clicking noise could be something more serious as to the blueray drive needing to be replaced. Good luck and let us know what happenes.

Message 2 of 3 (4,105 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3015 posts

Re: ps3 games keep freezing

Aug 5, 2012

Game freezing is often followed by System failure. I would recommend you get an external HDD and do a Full System Backup as soon as you can, then call Sony Support near your location and check if they can diagnose a problem and whether you are still under warranty.

Message 3 of 3 (4,096 Views)
0 Likes