Oct 25 2011
By: Realsvi First Son 26 posts

Trophy Syncing Problem

40 replies 3715 views Edited Oct 25, 2011

For the past 3 days I've had issues with my trophies. Every time I check my trophies it goes through the syncing process, and one of the games, Dungeon Defenders, don't even register towards my trophy count. I've gotten 5 so far and none have shown up on my profile when I check my trophy level and total trophy count while other games, Dark Souls, do register and are counted towards my trophy level.

So anyone have this problem? Is it a server issue on their side, or is this an isolated problem with the game, Dungeon Defenders?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 41 (3,715 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13151 posts

Re: Trophy Syncing Problem

Oct 25, 2011

Not all PS3 games with trophies will appear in your playstation.com profile.  In particular, a lot of Playstation Network exclusive games don't appear in the web profile. It isn't just Dungeon Defenders. Blade Kitten, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, and Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light don't either. They are separate systems.  Any PS3 game with trophies will add them to the Trophy Collection on the PS3, but only some of them will appear in your Trophy page on the web site; which in turn feeds your portable ID, etc.  Some smaller publishers don't provide the information to playstation.com that is needed to display the game's trophies there.  There isn't anything that you can do about it.  Sync'ing with the PSN server won't help.  That isn't the problem.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 41 (3,715 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Oct 25, 2011

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my original post. When I checked my trophy count on my PS3 it self, when you scroll to the friends list and select your own ID and check your latest trophies obtained and trophy count. Dungeon Defenders don't seem to register there, but other games, as I mentioned, do.

Also I forgot to mention that when I go to my trophies and attempt to sync them manually, I get an error, 80022D68, at 99%. I've been getting that error every time I try to sync them manually, but when I simply select the trophy icon on the XMB they sync without any issues.

Problem is that it goes through the syncing procedure every time I check my trophies and some trophies don't even seem to register towards my trophy count, as I mentioned.

I hope I explained my dilemma a bit more clearly this time. English isn't my native language and I tend to worry over spelling and grammar that I sometimes leave important details out, as a result.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 41 (3,715 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13151 posts

Oct 26, 2011

You didn't mention that you were having problems synchronizing your trophies with PSN.  Displaying the Trophy Collection in the XMB doesn't sync with the server.  If it did, there would be no reason to have a Sync with Server item in the Trophy Collection's option menu.  It just loads the trophy data from the hard disk. Some games will sync with the server on their own, and there is a PS Plus feature that will sync automatically as well.  Just looking at your trophies doesn't sync them though. The reason your Dungeon Defenders trophies are not reflected in your PSN profile is simply because they haven't synchronzied successfully yet.  All of your trophies will count towards your trophy count and level in PSN if they have been synchronized with PSN, but some of the games that you earned trophies in may not be listed in your online profile.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 41 (3,715 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 26, 2011

Yeah, I'm having this probelm too and the only game that isn't syncing right now is Dungeon Defenders. I read on another forum that it's up to Sony to put the trophy information on their servers before it will sync properly. IDK, I guess we'll see.

I can't seem to get a gamercard in my signature.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 41 (3,715 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Oct 26, 2011

If that's true and it's just that Sony didn't put the games trophy info in the server then that's kind of a relief, but that still don't explain why every time I check my trophies I have to wait and go through the trophy sync process. Does the same happen to you, or is that something exclusive to me, lol?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 41 (3,715 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Oct 26, 2011

I've got the PSN+ autosync feature turned on, but it's only when I manually try to sync them, when you press triangle over the trophy icon and select sync to server, that I get the 80022D68 error.

When I want to check my trophies just for the sake of checking them it always goes through the syncing process, whether I want it to or not. It's been about four days now and it still happens, and Dungeon Defenders trophies are no where to be seen in my total trophy count. Though the ones I did obtain, 6 so far, do show as gotten when I check them. Just not in my total trophy count.

All other trophies I get show up in my total trophy count as normal, it's just that one game that doesn't. 71% of my Dark Souls trophies that I've gotten so far show and are counted towards my total like they normally would, and thank god for that because I'd be super upset of those didn't count lol.

I'm just concerned if its something on my end that is causing this, or if its on Sony's end.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 41 (3,715 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13151 posts

Oct 26, 2011

I think that the behavior that you are describing is part of the PS Plus autosync feature.  I am a PS Plus subscriber, but I didn't enable autosync; because I don't really care about trophies. Try disabling autosync and see if it still does that. If the problem is that PSN doesn't recognize the trophy data for Dungeon Defenders, which is possible; I would expect that to have been fixed in this week's PSN update. If it isn't resolved by next Wednesday, I would start to doubt that theory.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 41 (3,715 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Oct 27, 2011

As far as autosync is concerned, I have it set to go off between 5am-7am when I know I won't be playing lol. I don't believe that it's supposed to sync my trophies every time I want to check them because that would be a great inconvenience. I've had the autosync feature on since it was available, but this problem of mine started about 5 days ago. So I don't think that the autosync feature is the reason for this, but it is worth a shot to try what you have suggested.

I'll try it and see if it works or not. I'll get back to you, lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 41 (3,715 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 28, 2011

@gkpama00

You said, "You didn't mention that you were having problems synchronizing your trophies with PSN. "

Uh, yes he did. Read the original post again.

@Realsvi

Your English is fine, my friend. Better than an awful lot of my fellow Americans, I'm sad to say. Excellent English, grammar & spelling.

As for Dungeon Defenders, I'm getting the same thing having to wait and wait and wait for the  syncing process each time and no trophies from the game ever appear. It seems that certain trophies that appear to be earned during co-op play online don't want to show up either. They're on the PS3, but nothing on the PSN.

Another issue with this title as far as trophies are concerned:

Getting a message that says, "You didn't earn a trophy" when it should be showing what trophy you've earned. Someone I know's been having that problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 41 (3,715 Views)
0 Likes