Apr 24 2012
By: brothercartman First Son 1 posts

Reporting cheaters

4 replies 83 views Edited Apr 24, 2012

I'm an avid Call of Duty fan, my favorite being MW2. Long story short, I don't want to quit playing the game simply because of the losers who cheat, I want these people banned from playing the game. While I'm sure I can't do that, I chose the next best thing. Reporting them.

Now, every time I go to file a complaint here online, I submit the report of the players name, yada yada yada, but then it just brings a little screen that says my complaint is almost completed. And that's all I've been getting. It doesn't seem to actually report anything. It may have for all I know but I'm assuming not since nothing comes up suggesting it was actually submitted. It just continues to say it's about to be completed and doesn't progess at all.

Does anyone have any advice or a better solution? Try your best not to flame me for this topic but I seriously am just sick of these loser cheaters who think using aimbots and radar is okay to do. It's enraging to me and I just want them gone. Again, anything else I can do about this? I don't want to have to call in to Sony about this, but if that's what it takes then I might have to. Help a real gamer out here.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (83 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13286 posts

Re: Reporting cheaters

Apr 25, 2012

First of all, report the cheating to the company that can actually do something about it.  Call of Duty isn't a first-party game, so Sony has no role in running the game. No company is going to take your word for it when it comes to cheating.  You could just be a sore loser, for all they know. An employee of the publisher, or a trusted volunteer, would have to monitor the player that you reported, and catch them cheating, before anything would be done.  That is time-consuming, and the publisher doesn't have the resources to follow up every report. They probably don't bother to follow up a single report, especially for an older game.  If a lot of people are reporting the same person, then it would be worth a look. It's Activision's game.  You need to report the incident to their support team.  Not Sony's.  You also need to get other players that are victims of cheating to report it via the proper channels as well.  Getting a player banned is usually a significant amount of work, and you have to do the work if you want action to be taken. The publishers don't care that much (they are more concerned about game pirates, than cheaters, these days), especially for a game like MW2 that is unlikely to sell a significant number of additional copies at this point.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (83 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Reporting cheaters

Aug 3, 2012

I don't know how to help you submit it but I, too am tired of cheaters in MW2. In the picture that I took on my phone it shows the hacker or cheater frmo a match in favela.  Also had you thought on reporting the player directly to the publishers of the game?SSPX0070.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (76 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Reporting cheaters and Team Killing

Aug 5, 2012

This kid is online name is XxVicious_angel he kill me for no reason and I told him to stop he didn't listen, I told him im gonna make a call if u don't stop killing me but he didn't listen....... for the past 4 weeks he been killing over and over and over i need help, i bet he is say bad things to me so i can get banned. Well i want him to get banned because he is like team killing and i ask him do you just get on just to team kill people he said yea but he say only i kill you I got really mad i can't take it anymore so I came here so you guys can help me. I Need Help Thank you

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (56 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13286 posts

Re: Reporting cheaters and Team Killing

Aug 5, 2012

Sorry, but team-killing isn't a ban-able offense. It is considered griefing, but in this case it is permitted.  If the developer of the game didn't want players to be able to kill team-mates, it could easily have disabled friendly-fire.  It didn't, so it is a perfectly legitimate, if not very good, way to play.  The publisher is not going to help you with this problem.  You will have to deal with it within the game community.  What you can't do, is to name the other player in this forum.  That is considered blacklisting, and it is against forum rules.  You could be disciplined for that.  You should edit your post to remove other member's screen names.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (53 Views)
0 Likes