Survivor
2596 posts

Re: PS4 NO BACKWARDS COMPATABLITY AND NO USED GAMES!?!?!?!?!

Apr 1, 2012

While I see the logic in your rebuttal, I must say I continue to disagree with you on some points.  (psst thanks for the banter)

1.  You can not Turn off the scrolling ticker (these forums were full of people annoyed as heck at this new feature sony forced on us again***, I think it was around the time when they had the leap year glitch, you can turn off the "display what's new" nonsense but that useless junk information (as of right now it is telling me to watch the tester episode 8, something about street fighter and sly cooper being on sale....things I have no interest in even knowing) that is flying by right underneath the clock and is impossible to stop and after having that message change right after a network error has magically occurred, it is all brand new (the blurbs), we are talking about a matter of 5 minutes to turn off the ps3 and flip it back on; multiple times over weeks and months; that I believe it because it is reality for me, IF I have to read about the firmware bricking the console, then I can have this one as my nonsense.

2.  And believe me I know that my post above is way out in the unexplored section of reality, but my grandfather taught me that IF I want to use something (power tools at that time) that I better know how it works or it could hurt me.  I bought computers from dell back in the day and they were over priced junk with the promise of lousy tech support....so I assembled my own, and turned around and sold it to a friend for about $200 bucks over cost for my time and effort....at the time it had 4 GB of ram 2.6 or 2.4 Ghz processor, ati graphics and capture card (at one time I slapped in a HDTV tuner) $1200 was my cost with 650watt PSU and MOBO, dell wanted about $2600, 10 years later and he just gave it to his kid as their first computer (all I had to do was replace the paste and the HDD about 4 years ago)

*** I am beginning to think that we need a gamer's bill of rights, or someone that can actually talk to sony on behalf of the users, who according to you are a Rare Breed.  Basically, what I am understanding is that no one should get their hopes up and until a company comes along that can stand up to sony, nintendo, and microsoft we are going to have to deal with the same mistakes from these companies ad infinitum.

Tell me youtube isn't filled with gamer videos, yet there is no easy way to do so, got to plug in the dvr, which means you have to switch from HDMI to component, you then have to take extra steps if you want to record any voice chat, and even more steps if you want to record your voice chat and enemy chat if the game lets you hear it.

I don't live in a clean room, nor am I bubble boy with a controlled environment, so dust is going to be an issue.  PS3's break, the modular optical drive is no different than sliding a memory card into a phone or camera; I mean it is just like sliding a cartriage based game into a console and it may make it a somewhat more eco friendly option in a way, if I can fix a problem with a bluray drive myself from a best buy (if they are still in business), gamestop or what have you, so limited to no additional shipping costs if these items are stocked on the shelves?

But back to this, no one would have different anything other than features, as you say some people don't want the hassle, but again I am willing to say that while people are generally stupid (me too) that they would adapt to this and post on the forums that they broke the piece inside the ps4 when they forced it in.  I could not be the only person who read that post from someone saying they wedged like 3 dvds into their ps3 and didn't know what to do....I wanted so bad to ask how they managed to do that and why they didn't stop after 2.

Tell me an error log wouldn't be a good thing, something that says at 2100 hours DNS error 80010104 occured on 03/31/12, so I and probably others can actually use the error code look up feature on the website here....up the 8 Character code flew by because I was in mid game and didn't realize it froze until long after it was already leaving the screen was that 8001D024 or was that 800124D0.  Let alone the nonsense that is why my ps3 won't work as the general fault indicator of the blinking red light is a cop out.  Corrupted Hard Drive anyone, it is okay you can just ignore that message usually, is now one of those times?  What about knowing why my ps3 froze in mid game, was it a optical disk drive read error, a network error,(with PSN?SEN issue) a HDD read error, did a power spike happen?

For the cost of 6 $60(us) games one can get a pretty decent home theater set up, which goes great with that 50 inch tv you may have bought and for the cost of say 4 games one could get the center speaker and the 6 others maybe a low powered sub-woofer.

If sony gave enough memory and then some of the more realistic features & games in 1080i/p I'd be willing to part with $1000 on release for a game console, but it better come with the full length usb cord for the controller.  I should mention that about 10 of my oldest friends back in the day pooled our money and bought a neo-geo and some games....I think I still have calluses from that lawn mower.

color tag 001

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 12 (67 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Re: PS4 NO BACKWARDS COMPATABLITY AND NO USED GAMES!?!?!?!?!

Apr 1, 2012

Well, considering PS2 backwards compatibility was pointlessly taken out of the PS3 I wouldn't doubt if they'd never put PS3 support in the PS4, though I'm hoping that's just a rumor. Though, the part where games would be locked to a system to prevent people from selling used games would be a crazy move.

~nickjuly4~

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 12 (67 Views)
0 Likes